Do you love puzzles? Do you consider yourself as a problem solver? Do you think you can design solutions keeping an enterprise first and long term vision mindset? Do you want to be lead and transform our capabilities to improve the way we identify our customers and thus revolutionize the way we interact with them? If so, this may be the right role for you!
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). The role is integral part of EDA and supports Customer 360 data enhancements which help build foundational data capabilities used across enterprise by enabling development of new algorithms leveraging machine learning techniques. The team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis including periodic case reviews to help Business Units serve customer better by enabling more effective customer identification and hence true prospect for AXP, enhancing demographic information and creating actionable insights. The team is focused on enabling the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. A key part to accomplishing this vision, is knowing your customers (individuals and businesses) and having a holistic understanding of that customer. Customer 360 is an AXP-wide capability that provides a global enterprise view of entities (that have or had an American Express relationship with at least one product or service globally), comprehensive insights, and linkages for consumer, merchant, and commercial. This will fundamentally reshape our ecosystem and the way we engage with our customers by leveraging Amex internal/external data assets, world-class machine learning algorithms and Big Data environment.
We are looking for a high-caliber individual who will be responsible for business architecture and solutioning of overall business needs of Customer 360. This is a business & technology facing role, mapping business processes to capabilities, providing end-to-end solution for the prioritized features using program increments, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design and 1-2 year capability roadmap including performance, availability and test automation. The role involves working with enterprise architects, product managers, product owners, business stakeholders and engineering leaders to convert the business idea/vision into an effective robust solution that can stand the test of time and scale.
The successful individual also ensures that the platform transformations meet the evolving needs of through continual innovation, global/flexible design for new use cases to fuel growth, reduce time to market and manage losses. Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures. Propagates architectural flows and governance to a set of scrum teams and/or SAFE trains to deploy the new business features across markets and portfolios.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Run solution management cadence with partners (Architecture, Product Development, Technology, and Business teams) to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems.
- Create architectural artifacts (process flows and diagrams) for business initiatives to ensure consistency across markets and portfolios, track progress to move from legacy to future state platforms.
- Design next generation master data management (MDM) platform which will span globally across all products and services offered by American Express.
- Consolidate and correlate disconnected business needs, processes and identify synergies to avoid redundant design and build.
- Communicate solution architecture details and roadmap to scrum teams who in-turn will translate them into user stories and deployment plan.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the business processes, drivers for change and recommend the right solution.
- Maintain the inventory and knowledge base on business processes, business capabilities and technical components along with other architectural artefacts e.g. data architecture, application architecture.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously come up with the best design and solution that keeps enterprise first and long term vision in mind.
- 3-5 years in agile product development and delivery.
- 2-3 years of Solution management/architecture experience.
- A good balance of business acumen and technical knowledge with a proven track record of driving innovation and architecture with a customer-first mindset.
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles.
- Experience working on a Master Data Management (MDM) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution a plus.
- Enthusiasm and passion for building great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality.
- Ability to understand evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability.
- An ability to solve complex problems with a highly analytical approach
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change.
- Masters in Computer Science, Information Technology or related fields.
- Good understanding of payments industry & systems.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019, 2:23:30 PM