The GELR Operations team executes on various processes and utilizes thought leadership to power HR decision-making and advance HR culture.
The Employee Relations Specialist will be a member of the Global Employee & Labor Relations Operations team in New York and is responsible for supporting the employee experience by leveraging Company culture, values, and ensuring equitable resolutions to employee and labor relations issues. The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for developing and maintaining a positive, value-added, consultative relationship with business leaders and to identify and resolve employee issues within these groups. The person in this role must be capable of developing proactive employee relations solutions by building strong relationships with stakeholders throughout American Express, including HR Business Partners, Global Compliance, Global Security, Internal Audit, and General Counsel’s Organization and by having a strong understanding of business needs.
The individual in this role is responsible for ensuring compliance with policies, practices and applicable employment legislation as well as coaching and advising leaders and employees on various ER issues. They will provide consultation and resolution guidance to promote a positive workplace culture. The Employee Relations Specialist also must manage a broad range of tasks including the interpretation and development of policies and procedures, creation and facilitation of Employee Relations training and contributing to the development and implementation of Employee Relations programs based on line of business goals and HR strategy. Additionally, the Employee Relations Specialist will support the creation of internal documents, resources and materials for presentation to senior leadership across the organization.
- Minimum 3-5 years of HR experience, with a concentration in employee relations
- A solid understanding of federal and state labor/employment laws and governmental compliance requirements
- Strong organization skills and a demonstrated drive for results
- Excellent relationship skills and an ability to influence leaders and HR colleagues at all levels
- Established record of partnership, relationship building, and teamwork within a matrix environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in presenting, and contributing to the development of employee communications and training programs
- Strong business acumen and solid analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019, 3:01:55 PM