LoungeBuddy is a team within American Express that focuses on travel. We were a travel tech startup, acquired by American Express in April 2019. We come from all around the world, spanning multiple continents, from San Francisco in the USA, through Prague in Czech Republic, to Sydney in Australia, and Manchester in the United Kingdom.
Our mission is to elevate our customer's airport experience by making it a memorable chapter of their journey. Right now we are focusing on enabling travelers to discover, book, and access airport lounges worldwide.
You will have the freedom, ownership, and speed of a startup with the backing, support, and resources of American Express.
As a Lead UX Researcher at LoungeBuddy, you will help innovate and improve both new and existing products. Understanding our users and being able to generate actionable insights to help our team of Designers, Engineers, and Product Managers deliver a consistent and positive user experience is at the heart of this role. Specifically, you will be working on LoungeBuddy.com (an e-commerce website for travelers to purchase airport lounge access), LoungeBuddy for iPhone (a mobile app that enables travelers to look up airport lounges they can access for free), LoungeBoss (our proprietary iPad-based lounge check-in experience), and the LoungeBuddy Partner Portal (a web portal for partners to manage their lounge locations).
The LoungeBuddy team is made up of a very diverse group of talented individuals. We are a small but mighty team that are passionate about working collaboratively, travel, and of course airport lounges. Our pillars are Trust & Respect, Collaboration, Learning & Growth, Ownership, and Empathy.
Learn more about our team here: https://www.loungebuddy.com/about/team
Who are you?
- You have experience scoping and leading qualitative research and are familiar with a variety of methodologies. These methods might include conducting in-person and remote interviews, designing surveys, or using prototypes to collect feedback.
- You are proficient with synthesizing research findings and can lead a team through those sessions.
- You are a creative storyteller who is passionate about telling compelling human stories using writing, visuals, and verbal communication.
- You are comfortable with working within a self-directed culture and would love to own and shape the user research discipline at LoungeBuddy.
- You are someone that is truly passionate about design and want to be involved in the design process – you want to see your insights come to life.
- You enjoy being part of a highly iterative and cross functional team with short feedback loops.
- You have a strong sense of curiosity and dive deeply into identifying the root of a problem.
What will you be doing?
- Design, plan and execute research. This includes conducting interviews, surveys, desk research, or using prototypes to collect feedback.
- Facilitate synthesis, generating insights that are relevant and impactful for design.
- Use Sketch to make minor updates to mocks and prototypes from the feedback you’ve collected in order to independently conduct follow-up research or better share the insights with the product team.
- Communicate research findings using impactful storytelling in order to engage the entire LoungeBuddy team.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent practical work experience in a human behavior-related field such as Statistics, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, or Cognitive Psychology.
- 6+ years of professional experience in applied research outside of academic training.
- You are a blend between a UX Researcher and a Designer - you want to be able to scratch your creative itch and help create mockups and prototypes.
- You have experience working within a variety of industries such as mobility, travel, hospitality, and digital products.
- You are proficient at statistical analysis and can apply it to analyze surveys.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 17, 2020, 9:07:15 PM