- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications.
- Write clean and concise code that is well-tested, easy to maintain, and consistent with existing patterns in our codebase.
- Translate UX designs into functioning applications.
- Developing and integrating REST APIs between back-end systems to support a high-volume web application.
- Collaborating with product owners, delivery managers, and other developers to deliver a quality product.
- Taking ownership and responsibility of the work at hand and shepherding code through to production.
- Actively pair-programming with teammates for collective code ownership.
- 3+ years of modern software development experience - Knowledge of object-oriented design, full stack web development, microservices and building REST APIs in Java.
- Experience in building component-based applications with modern frontend frameworks, such as React, Vue, or Angular. React experience is a bonus.
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience in object-oriented software development with an understanding of scalable distributed systems.
- Experience in Agile development, automated testing and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
- Constant curiosity and a desire to improve yourself and your fellow engineers.
- Strong sense of extreme ownership and a big proponent of DevOps culture.
- Familiarity with SOLID principles.
- Prior experience working in high performing agile development team.
- Experience with Java based service frameworks.
- Agile practices and experience with the Atlassian tool suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket).
- Worked in a large matrixed organization.
- Business Product Knowledge - Working knowledge of the finance and credit lending industry.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 23, 2019, 2:42:11 AM