About Global Network Operations
It begins with a Card Member using their American Express Card at one of our millions of Merchants around the world—the rest is up to us. The Global Network Operations (GNO) team is at the heart of the American Express enterprise—powering millions of transactions through our global payments processing network, which we develop and manage.
GNO is unique within the enterprise. We work across almost every business unit within the organization as well as interact with external partners, providers, and key industry stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious and problem solvers as we tackle the most imperative initiatives facing the payments industry today like securing online transactions and enabling faster, more convenient ways to pay. A role within GNO will challenge you to broaden your skillset and industry acumen, while giving you the chance to be part of driving enterprise growth and helping deliver on our brand promise of trust, security and service.
GNO is seeking a Senior Manager of Partner Training. This is a highly visible role that will be responsible for standing up a new training function in GNO focused. We are looking for someone who is a motivated, experienced and enthusiastic to guide the development and delivery of our Partner Training strategy and roadmap.
In this role, you will join the broader GNO Industry Engagement and Marketing team and work closely with business stakeholders to ensure that the training strategy and roadmap meet the needs of our external bank partners. You will become a key decision maker on priorities and instructional design decisions, with responsibility for the design, quality and delivery of all partner training to the delight of our external audiences. Additionally, you will work closely with the Director of Marketing, and key business stakeholders to help define a 2-3 year training roadmap and then execute against the agreed upon strategy and priorities.
Essential to this role is a passion for learning and the energy to share that passion with others, a keen interest in pushing the boundaries of possibility, the ability to be resourceful in delivering on goals, comfort in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and a strong work ethic with demonstrated personal excellence.
- Define what winning looks like by working closely with the leaders and stakeholders across GNO and GNS to develop and execute a multi-year, comprehensive vision/plan for Partner Training, balancing multiple competing priorities and taking into consideration the needs of our audience and the competitive landscape.
- Develop and deliver innovative and engaging training content, leveraging solutions, technologies and channels that are designed to reach today’s digital learners (e.g. web-based training, game-based learning, etc.)
- Maintain an engaging, accessible, self-serve and up-to-date inventory of learning content that will empower our Network Partners to be successful in doing business with American Express.
- Stay abreast of industry and competitor learning/training offerings and adjust strategy to stay competitive.
- Collaborate across the Global Network Service organization to identify needs and prioritize training strategy and offerings.
- An enthusiastic and highly motivated self-starter, who is comfortable with turning ideas into action, and excited about building something from the ground up.
- Awareness of latest training trends, theories, frameworks, and evaluation protocols that align with the needs of the digital learner.
- Ability to form and influence relationships across a matrix environment to successfully drive projects to completion through collaboration.
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability and desire to learn quickly; flexibly adjusts to navigate a variety of situations, individuals & groups; perseveres in the face of obstacles and challenges.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, continuously assess learner needs and program impact to drive improvements; able to problem solve and manage multiple priorities.
- Proficiency with industry standard authoring and multimedia development tools (Adobe Suite, WalkMe, captivate, Camtasia), and experience with rapid/agile Instructional Design techniques.
- Experience working with and managing third party suppliers and contractors when developing/curating content.
- Prior experience delivering both in-person and virtual instructor-led training, preferred certification in instructional design and deliver (ATD certified a plus)
- 3-5+ years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Previous experience with the world of payments is a plus.
- Graphic Design and UI/UX experience a plus
- Location: 18850 N. 56th Street Phoenix, Arizona 85054 or virtual
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019, 10:47:25 PM