This is a unique and exciting opportunity for technology professionals to be at the intersection of business strategy and big data technology, offering well-rounded experience and development in bringing business and technology together to drive immense business value.
The individual in this role will be responsible for overlaying sales and marketing strategic needs with analytics and machine learning workstreams; and leverage his/her technology expertise to architect and develop enterprise big data platforms and applications, to convert these ideas into reality. This individual will work closely with partners across teams such as commercial sales and marketing, analytics and machine learning, American Express Technology, external vendors, and others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leverage American Express’ Global Prospect Marketing Platforms to design and develop data-driven capabilities and applications
- Evaluate, maintain and continuously enhance prospect matching algorithms based on the evolving needs and tool/data availability, while supporting development and delivery of a vision, strategy and roadmap to achieve a next-generation matching capability.
- Partner with business, analytics and machine learning teams to identify business problems and design big data and/or real-time solutions at on-premise and public cloud (e.g. AWS) platforms
- Define technical architecture for new and existing solutions, and inform all development activities to align with the same
- Lead a team of developers, engaging with them in day to day activities and helping in review of design, coding and the SDLC tasks. Step into code where and if needed and be a hands-on leader.
- Work with business and technology partners to deploy capabilities into production, and manage roll-out plan for integration with live sales and marketing activities
- Lead a culture of innovation and experimentation, support full software development lifecycle that incorporates the best of technology approaches and delivery methodologies
- Promote a fun and high engagement culture, with a results-orientated focus. Hire, mentor, motivate and retain the best talent
- Hands-on experience and in-depth understanding of big data technology, architecture best practices, and application development
- At least 2-3 years of experience working with matching algorithms or text matching using advanced decision science methodologies.
- Knowledge of text matching algorithms like Levenshtein/Jaro-Winkler/ngram etc required.
- Hands-on experience with big data and real-time application development at on-premise systems, as well as at AWS (AWS certification is a plus)
- Experience in leading team of developers
- At least 3 years of experience in leading a product team and project management of technology or data-related products.
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology or the Software Delivery Life Cycle.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges, and articulate solutions
- Effective communication – verbal and written; ability to present complex concepts at all levels of detail, and customize level of detail and messaging based on audience
- Strong experience in Hadoop Framework & Programming (Map-Reduce, Hive, SPARK, Kafka, NoSQL DB such as HBase etc.)
- Experience with LINUX based systems including the ability to create and maintain Shell scripts.
- Experience in search and cache utilities (e.g. SOLR, MemCached, Redis, Elastic Search etc.)
- Experience with J2EE tools, technologies, and frameworks (Java, Eclipse, Spring, Application Servers-Jboss/Tomcat)
- Experience with of version control softwares such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Experience with web service development using REST
- Proficiency with Agile application development methods is a plus
- Understanding of financial services business, analytics, and machine learning is a plus
- Educational requirement: Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent; PhD is a plus
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019, 3:06:53 PM