- Supporting GSM tasks and processes in market and as required in JAPA
- Supporting sourcing and category plan strategies with Business Partners
- Supporting RFI, market analysis, total cost modelling, benchmarking and spend analysis
- Supporting RFI/RFP/RFQ, supplier and negotiation process
- Conducting meetings between Amex and suppliers in support of RFI/RFPs and ensure project timelines and deliverables are met
- Tracking and providing regular reporting and updates to the relevant parties (including line management, regional/global GSM team and key stakeholders) on project status
- Participating in cross markets/regional initiatives as defined by GSM leadership
- Supporting sourcing activities across functional lines, markets, business units that have a major impact on American Express’ expense, revenue and profitability
- Maintaining and promoting the AMEX Values by ensuring that work is completed to the highest professional, legal, and regulatory standards, and that the activities subject to review/procurement comply with the Company's stated business ethics
- Procurement or other business related experience preferred
- An understanding of Procurement with knowledge of contract law, local/regional/global sourcing strategies, risk management, vendor due diligence, supplier development and negotiations skills
- Ability to manage day to day business priorities along with long term strategic deliverables
- Project management skills and financial experience including development of CBAs and financial models
- Passion for using analytics to develop insights and recommendations, solve business challenges, improve the customer experience, and drive bottom line results
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Positive attitude, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapid change
- A willingness to learn and build a career in Procurement
- Experience with various eProcurement tools like Ariba, etc. will be advantageous but not essential
- University degree a plus
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019, 1:04:45 AM