Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
We’re looking for Technical Project Manager/Service Delivery Manager to work on Web applications that will be used by tens of millions of American Express cardholders around the world. We want someone with strong people skills, technical background, and creativity. You’ll be part of the Web Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Web Engineering team’s seek is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. You will be working in a fast-paced environment with the stability of working for a Fortune 100 company. In this role, you will be working with product owners, engineering managers, group of engineers from different technical teams to deliver products and ensure applications health is always green in production environment. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies
Drive the development and delivery of technical products, SRE tools and solutions for our customers.
Coordinate with product, business, technical, and other partners to prioritize, plan, and execute development schedules in-line with product development initiatives and regulatory needs.
Use technical acumen to provide design alternatives and support team in technical issue resolution.
Identify and track team velocity, financials, and other critical metrics in relation to the project/program and its plan
Provide transparency into gaps, issues, risks and opportunities across scrum teams, tackle impediments
Drive program, release level and enterprise improvement and standardization activities using SAFe as the primary framework
Good knowledge on ITIL framework in servicing application or infrastructure domain
Site Reliability Engineering responsibilities, good understanding of Observability metrics
Exposure with Industry standard observability tools implementation such as Graphana, Prometheus, Splunk, session replay tools, synthestic monitoring etc.
Handles escalations and drive issue resolutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 4 years of hands on experience on application/infrastructure monitoring, design and configure observability tools, good analytical/problem solving skills
- 4 years of progressively responsible experience with technical delivery and IT project management using Agile Methodology or Service Delivery Management of mission critical customer facing applications
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec.
- Strong understanding of SAFe or iterative development processes, including quality and testing practices
- Possess a high degree of technical savvy, with a keen ability to learn new technology quickly and easily
- Adaptive communication, good analytical skills
- Collaboration & teamwork
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 25, 2019, 5:56:20 PM