As part of GSG, the Global Commercial Credit team (GCC) vison is to “Provide the world’s best credit and underwriting experience every day. This role is an exciting part of GCC in which we support our customers growth in their own business. Merchant Financing is a lending program for our merchants to assist in making their business a success.
This position includes the handling of inbound and outbound calls for merchants in the Merchant Financing program to gain a better understanding of risk indicators, business stability and overall business needs. Our goal is to build a relationship with the merchant to understand their needs and offer them solutions when experiencing a financial hardship. Successful candidates will be responsible for managing daily inventory expectations, enhancing the customer experience and ultimately providing customer first interactions.
- Minimum 1-year recent credit/collections experience in a call center environment
- Ability to grasp and retain large volumes of diversified information and implement changes within concentrated time frames in an ever-changing environment
- Proven analytical ability to review large amounts of data from various sources and assess/mitigate risk
- Excellent problem solving, consultation, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills, while driving a successful merchant experience on the phone
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment to meet deadlines/goals while building strong relationships with internal business partners
- Ability to balance quality work, focusing on Compliance/Procedure while driving efficiency
- Maintaining a positive work environment is imperative
Business hours of operations are currently Monday - Friday from 5:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Please note: hours of operation will shift at Daylight Savings to 6:30 am to 5:30 pm
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2019, 6:09:41 PM