The incumbent will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives (merchant satisfaction and revenue generation) by providing consultative solution building support to a variety of internal/external customers and driving solution/product delivery into merchants, third party processors and external vendors.
American Express depends on the Payment Consulting team to enable Card acceptance, identify and implement payment solutions (products and services) in customer-facing situations. Relationship building, communication, and problem-solving skills are important for success in this team’s role. Team members must also maintain deep and current knowledge about the payments industry, market trends, new and existing payment-related technologies, products and services, and the structure of American Express and customer organizations.
This role demands an experienced and persuasive consultant with analytical skills, thought leadership and a track record of complex problem solving, developing strong business relationships and flawless project execution.
Deliver against strategic business objectives [70% of role]
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the merchant (i.e. know all aspects of merchant’s payment acquiring environment including history, current goals and organizational drivers)
- Provide consultative sales/solution support to merchants and CLM sales channels within their market/region
- Provision of high quality product and process consultancy to merchants across the region
- Consult on Set-up, Transmission, Authorisation, Submission, Settlement, Reconciliation and Disputes
- Provide product and process training to CLM partners
- Use knowledge of the merchant and marketplace to develop a win-win account plan
- Communication and tracking of projects
- Management of merchants, external vendors and processors:
- Build relationships for success with vendors and processors within portfolio
- Consultative approach to driving product delivery into portfolio.
Industry knowledge and business development [15% of role]
- Maintain and develop deep knowledge of the payments industry
- Anticipate and communicate trends to assist in strategic decision making
- Use competitive information to position the unique value, features and benefits of American Express products and services
- Conducts independent research and gather marketplace and industry data from:
- Trade journals & web sites
- Financial Reports (understand revenue/cost drivers)
- Payments Industry Publications
- Business / Industry Literature.
Build strong internal relationships to facilitate delivery of shared goals [15% of role]
- Build and maintain relationships across the Blue Box
- Identify opportunities to leverage relationships between merchant executives and American Express leadership
- Identifying and implementing most appropriate product and service solutions based on merchant, vendor or processor requirements and aligned with regional/personal goals
- Coordination across internal and external partners to deliver projects on time and in scope
- Maintaining excellent third party relationships with vendors and processors within assigned portfolio.
Staying ‘current’ in a fast-moving and highly regulated environment
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of American Express Authorisation, Submission, Reconciliation and Disputes processes across a range of American Express products and merchant industries
- Strong consultative sales/solution building skills
- Strong relationship building/management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to articulate complex issues in a simple non-technical manner
- Flexibility to sometimes work across time zones with groups in the US, JAPA, Canada, and LAC.
- Proven track record in leading projects and driving results
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationship across GNO, GMS, Technologies, CSI/ SDN and externally
- Highly organized and results driven, with strong ability to be forward thinking and proactive
- High proficiency in the local language of their intended market.
- Ability to drive change
- A passion for customer service and quality
- Previous experience in the merchant processing/acquiring industry
- Previous experience or exposure to the technology around card processing and merchant acquiring solutions
- Appreciation of the global competitive acquiring and processing landscape.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 28, 2019, 7:29:35 AM