There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The Global Infrastructure Office at American Express is looking for an expert program manager with experience in transformation and organizational change management. In this dynamic role, you will report into the Director, Chief of Staff for Global Infrastructure and partner with global teams to build KPIs, plan, document, execute, and track change initiatives.
You will play a key role in sustaining organized and methodical change management, people engagement, and transformational change.
What you’ll do:
- Enable Global Infrastructure (GI) to manage, execute, and communicate strategic change.
- Forge relationships and partner across GI, Technology, and Human Resources.
- Analyze current state and state processes and change impacts to shape solutions that minimize disruption and continue to drive value.
- Plan and drive stakeholder engagement, leadership alignment, impact analysis, learning/training, communications, readiness, and adoption measurement.
- Advocate for needs (e.g., managing feedback, understanding true requirements feedback would deliver if implemented).
- Introduce, analyze, and report on available data (e.g., identify surveys and other measures of adoption and commitment to change).
- Support analysis and maintenance of our global GI people strategy – budget, hiring plans, and open requisitions
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes & experience:
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience leading complex program management initiatives
- Ability to work in ambiguity and adopt to evolving requirements.
- Calm under pressure and demonstrated experience supporting a variety of projects, acting as a primary point of contact, and independently prioritizing and escalating issues when necessary
- Expert verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent listening, and influence skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Knowledge of people strategy, teaming, and change management
- Strong organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and manage relationships
- Strong follow up skills and the ability to escalate and gain resolution as needed
- Confident when facing senior stakeholders and peers
- The ideal candidate is a motivated, curious, resourceful self-starter
- Experience in Change Management/Enablement in large organizations and complex transformation initiatives involving several stakeholders
- Proven application of Change Management/Enablement methodology and project life cycle including documentation standards, risk, issue, assumption, dependency management and reporting
- Relevant experience interacting with senior management, including experience managing and influencing virtual business partners
- Familiarity with process modeling, workshop facilitation, and business analysis
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2019, 1:24:06 PM