American Express’ Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) team is responsible for creating marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative branding, marketing and experiences. We have an ambitious goal: to be the most creative department in the Fortune 500 and we aim to deliver on that by doing work that is both creative and effective.
Within GABM, the Global Brand Planning and Content (GBPC) team is responsible for the creation of world class creative content, brand design, social media strategy and brand planning.
The Sr. Executive Assistant will report to Andy Goldberg, the SVP, Global Brand Planning and Content. They will also play a central role in supporting the broader team (alongside three other EAs in GBPC). We are looking for a responsible, professional, flexible and mature Executive Assistant who will provide high-quality administrative assistance to the SVP, and the GBPC team. The ideal candidate must be comfortable handling a wide range of administrative tasks and be able to work confidently under pressure in a team setting. Building strong relationships, ability to manage and operate in a dynamic environment, being resourceful, meticulous about detail and preparedness will be critical.
- Manage complex calendar activity: coordination and oversight of internal and external business meetings, making all necessary arrangements including sending invitations, reserving facilities, audio, telepresence, visual setup, transportation, catering and preparation of meeting materials.
- Making complex travel arrangements and itineraries including air, hotel, transfers and visas.
- Preparing, reconciling and processing of expense reports in line with company and organization requirements.
- Managing general follow-up and generating reminders in order to effectively meet deadlines and commitments.
- Managing a comprehensive calendar view of meetings, events and milestones for planning outside of Outlook.
- Manage administration including updating distribution lists and setting up group-wide meetings.
- Play a leadership role among the other EAs within the team to ensure cohesiveness of team functions as a whole.
- Manage documents, contact lists and procedures in both hard files and online systems.
- Provide support for execution of large level meetings and presentations (e.g. logistics & set up for meetings, coordination with technology, printing, collating, proofreading documents for key meetings etc.).
- Manage phone calls and mail correspondence.
- Troubleshoot technical malfunctions.
- Minimum 8-10 years of executive administrative support experience within a large organization.
- Proven track record of managing executives effectively with a “customer first” mentality and keen attention to the executive’s experience and needs.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy, quality, timeliness, follow through and sense of urgency in executing.
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive information
- Motivated, proactive team player with strong initiative, organizational, administrative and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and work flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; must work well under pressure without losing composure and professionalism.
- High level of proficiency using MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint,
- Knowledge of internally used AXP tools and systems (or similar) such as Webex, Ariba and Concur would also be beneficial.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (via phone, email and in-person).
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 3:54:29 AM