Why American Express!
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is looking for a entrepreneurial and creative Full Stack Web Developer to join our energetic team of high performers in this fast-paced Fortune 100 company that delivers world-class card member experiences. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that leads user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications
- Responsible for the applications architecture, work/coordinate with other team’s architect, engineers and vendors as necessary
- Writing code and unit tests, automation, and conducting code reviews and testing
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technologies to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Performing ongoing refactoring of code, utilizing visualization and other techniques to fast track concepts, and delivering continuous improvement
- Working with product managers to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
- Quickly generate and updating proof of concepts for testing and team feedback
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- MS degree in computer science, computer engineering required
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Expertise and work experience with Java/J2EE, and Spring
- Expertise with building RESTful APIs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Thorough understanding of JSON, Web Service technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Experience with adaptive and responsive development techniques
- Aptitude for learning and applying programming concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Nov 27, 2019, 7:54:59 PM