This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be at the intersection of business strategy and product discipline, offering well-rounded experience and development in bringing business and technology together to drive immense business value.
The individual in this role will be responsible for overlaying sales and marketing strategic needs with analytics and machine learning workstreams; and leverage his/her product experience to convert ideas into reality. This is a team of product managers, data scientists and engineers who are passionate about enabling products which support our prospect targeting strategy. The team partners closely with marketing & technology to develop APIs, data platforms and tools for American Express to more deeply understand commercial prospects, anticipate their needs and deliver personalized products and services.
- Lead ongoing management and optimization of the product backlogs, including partnership management, operational efficiency, collaborating across a wide net of stakeholders in Commercial Sales, Credit Risk, Technology, Marketing, Servicing and Product.
- Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria.
- Liaise with external vendors such as salesforce for solutions related to data architecture
- Work with data scientists, technologists, and marketing business partners to develop products and features within prospect marketing capabilities that easily translate analytical solutions into actionable information
- Collaborating with our decision science team on the proof of concept to deliver against our existing and new solutions
- Interacting with users & stakeholders to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve real problems
- Partnering with use case Product Owners, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of end to end product and capability
- Work collaboratively with business and product teams to support changes and implementation
- 3-5 years of experience in Data Management and/or Product Development in building data capabilities;
- A good balance of data, technical & business knowledge with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders across geographies to drive collaboration and alignment;
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- Data architecture and database development experience in a professional environment
- The ability to think conceptually, change management skills and comfort with developing win-win solutions in the face of ambiguity and frequently changing landscape.
- Demonstrated experience liaising with engineers and data architects
- Experience with financial systems, in the card payment industry, and of Banking Regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to drive compelling messages to broad audiences.
- Proven and strong project management skills with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to launch complex processes and projects.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 9:09:49 AM