Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
Finance is a collaborative team, playing a key role in advising all areas of the business. We have a strategic seat at the table and our unique insights are valued in a highly competitive marketplace and increasingly complex global regulatory environment.
This team collaborates globally to deliver expert accounting, reporting & advisory services, and financial risk control & governance, while supporting business growth & protecting shareholder value
Purpose of the Role:
• Responsible for managing monthly accounting for legal entities
• Managing end to end responsibility of one of the non- banking legal entities
• Quarterly update to Board members and ensuring all regulatory compliances.
• Analysis of Legal Entity Results, identification of anomalies during close
• Support / participate in standardization, automation and continuous improvement initiatives as well as other business partner initiatives
• Maintain close contact with customer / business partners and other interface groups to ensure a smooth service delivery
• Compliance with prevailing policies & procedures etc.
• Ensure that all deadlines are continually met and adequate controls are maintained over the processes to ensure integrity of the information
• Provide end to end support for the legal entity statutory / internal / other audits including discussion with auditors and drive closure of Internal and External Audit of Local as well as US GAAP ledgers
• Coordinate with GBS functions to provide external audit support; including GAR, Accounting and Payment Operations, plus World Services Cashiers as appropriate
Critical Factors to Success:
• Own & maintain financial/data integrity
• Stay relevant to the business/functional requirements
• Understand & leverage intelligent automation technologies to generate use cases within the team & create opportunities to support the automation team to get that implemented
• Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
• Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
• Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
• Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
• 2-6 years of past experience with, People leader experience Preferred:
• Knowledge of Oracle & card business model & economics
• CA / CPA with 4+ years of experience
• Strong understanding of end-to-end accounting, basic understanding of reporting
• Understanding of financial consolidation process
• Ability to research & embed relevant best practices
• Strong IGAAP/IND AS knowledge and awareness of US GAAP (Accounting knowledge)
• Analytical skills with the ability to undertake cause effect analysis
• Knowledge of financial systems, Advanced MS office suits such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019, 5:58:23 AM