- Assist in the month end close process including analysis and explanation of monthly financial results.
- Review of accounting entries passed by other finance and non-finance teams, enabling identification, reporting and escalation of unusuals in a timely manner.
- Provide support in various reporting and research for resolution of issues and queries as directed by Manager.
- Assist in preparation of the IFRS financial statements and local regulatory reporting
- Guide business partners and customers in appropriate accounting of items in accordance with US GAAP and accounting policies to ensure integrity of financial statements
- Assist in preparations of presentation decks and present financials to business partners and regional teams as and when required.
- Support automation projects, data mining, data visualization & big data analysis as and when required.
- Qualified Local Accountant as relevant to market / CA / CPA.
- At least three years auditing/accounting related experience.
- Strong finance accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Ability to collaborate across geographies in a matrix structure and deliver on customer expectations.
- Good team work and effective communication skills
- Proficiency in MS-Office applications especially familiar with excel formula, macro, v-lookup functions and Oracle software.
- Experience in Automation projects, Data mining, Data visualization & big data will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to Big data platforms like Cornerstone, Tableau etc & to Python, SAS, R, SQL will be an added advantage.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019, 8:07:31 AM