Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Operational Excellence (OE) plays a vital role in driving the soundness of the lines of business under Global Commercial Services (GCS) through business self-testing and control testing.
Purpose of the Role:
This role will be a member of the Operational Excellence team and be responsible for performing business self-testing and control testing
1. Inclusion on the team responsible for supporting strategic implementation of the organization’s testing to include: operational, financial, and regulatory or compliance testing including, but not limited to, Business Self Testing, process monitoring, monitoring of sales & servicing calls and Process Risk Self-Assessment.
2. Proactively anticipate/identify issues, and control deficiencies, through testing, call monitoring and processes monitoring, assessing the impact of each, and work with business partners to develop and implement appropriate mitigating actions.
3. Deliver periodic and ad hoc reporting against key business testing and monitoring to support management’s awareness and response to control improvements.
4. Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk Governance Group, Operational Excellence, and American Express Compliance standards with respect to: documentation, testing, and certification of GCS business monitoring and testing.
5. Monitor activities to meet deadlines and commitments relative to: monitoring end to end process, risk assessment, program documentation, testing plan, reporting, and action plans.
6. Partner closely with key control teams including, but not limited to: Operational Risk, Compliance, and Internal Audit, both within the lines of business and across the organization, to promote a well-controlled environment.
7. Maintain internal control / operational risk competency through ongoing training and professional development.
8. Undertake regular project work analysing business risks and exposures. Preparation of recommendations to business management with regards to process improvement, best practices, risk reduction and maximisation of revenue as appropriate.
Critical Factors to Success:
1. Demonstrated willingness to take initiative and act decisively.
2. Creative mind that is not afraid of thinking differently to solve complex problems that have regulatory or compliance requirements.
3. Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness in ensuring that we are delivering on our customer promise.
4. Effectively works independently within a team construct, while supporting teamwork and achievement of team objectives.
5. Proven ability to effectively interact with all level across the organization including business and control partner leadership.
6. Solid evidence of leadership with the capacity to quickly understand critical linkages and business strategies in a dynamic, ambiguous environment.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with solid presentation skills. This includes the ability to take analyze large sets of data concisely and convey messages to leadership and peers. In addition, strong knowledge to build reports, dashboards and metric reporting is desired.
8. Strong attention to detail and superior organizational and follow through skills.
1. A minimum of two year’s relevant experience required; which may include: internal control/operational risk, internal auditing, or related experience in the financial services/banking industry.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, strongly preferred.
Internal Control/Operational Risk testing, Business self-testing
1. Advanced knowledge using computer software programs and tools such as Office, Archer, Visio, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
2. In depth knowledge of products, procedures and policies relating to the GCS business portfolio is a plus.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2019, 12:36:41 AM