Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Today, there’s a business advantage hiding in plain sight, and you’ll find it in data. Our Data Engineers know how to use the latest technology to design, evaluate, debug and manage the data that leads to better decisions, a stronger company, and higher customer satisfaction. So if you’re not intimidated by the data explosion, engineer your career here.
More than the data on what you’ll be doing.
There’s no end to the data that’s created every day and the opportunities you find here. But these are just some of your responsibilities:
- Document data requirements/data stories and maintain data models
- Support the management of data assets according to enterprise standards, guidelines and policies
- Help build and enhance the database design that supports our business portfolio
- Work collaboratively with business and product teams
- Identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred
- 4-6 years of wide breath of engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing.
- Working experience on designing and implementing complete end-to-end data Infrastructure, database modeling, fine tuning large scale databases for better scalability and performance
- Experience with SQL and PL/SQL developments
- Worked on Oracle 11G, 12c and experience on SQL server as well.
- Experience with python programming.
- Experience with UNIX, shell scripting.
- Basic knowledge of Oracle GoldenGate.
- In-Depth Relational Database Knowledge. Having Oracle ExaData knowledge is a bonus.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience, query authoring (SQL) and stored procedures development as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Performance tuning and ETL experience.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with Dev Ops, CI/CD and Automated testing tools such Sonarqube, etc.
- Familiarity with fundamental machine learning techniques and algorithms is a bonus
- Commercial/financial domain knowledge and work experience is a bonus.
- At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2019, 11:47:02 PM