American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a Global leader in the Commercial Payments Solutions space and continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business dedicated exclusively to the success of businesses globally. The Global Business Financing (GBF) team is composed of non-card lending solutions (Merchant Financing, Working Capital Terms, Business Loans, and Supply Chain Financing). The team’s mission is to become the leading working capital provider globally.
This is an exciting opportunity to bring our newly-refreshed Large and Global Supplier Payments strategy to life, and to be part of a significant new growth area at Amex!!
- Lead a team to drive the creation of a Digital Supply Chain Finance product by leveraging the best assets across our American Express B2B product suite
- Develop the solution from lifecycle to launch by capturing and articulating customer feedback (both buyer and supplier feedback) and creating desires outcomes, product roadmap features, use cases and business cases to influence successful prioritization of investment funds, BAU product management and product roadmap formulation features to address these needs
- Define design target for product ensuring a strong value proposition for all stakeholders
- Lead the go-to-market strategy across every key critical area by partnering with each and every of our stakeholders. This includes (but is not limited to) contracting, risk management, field enablement (including training), sales collateral, supplier payments acceleration sales initiatives, sales incentive, client rebates, supplier segmentation and supplier pricing.
- Present Digital Supply Chain Finance to American Express’ various business units and become the champion of the product internally
- Continuously assess competitor offerings in market place and develop plans to differentiate product offering
- Work very closely with our Supplier Payments Acceleration, Field and Merchant Services teams to enable them to speak directly with clients, present at client meetings, and collect feedback on multiple versions of the product as it evolves
- Partner with Operations, New Product Approval, Implementations, Risk, Compliance and Controllership to ensure flawless launch to new customers through payment, fulfillment and risk actions
- Manage the digital and outsourced supplier enablement processes
- Led the Program Management Office to project-manage initiatives
- Some travel required (10-20%)
- Tenured people leader and change agent who can inspire the team and influence senior leadership
- Deep understanding of Supply Chain Finance, Dynamic Discounting, Reverse Factoring and related invoice-based financing options
- 10+ years B2B experience, preferably with product management expertise
- Good understanding of B2B payment product buying/decision making triggers and experience of creating strategies to respond to them
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with strong problem solving, excellent analytical and decision making skills, with demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, excel in a complex fast paced, team-oriented environment with rapidly evolving business demands while maintaining high standards of personal excellence/integrity
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship management, and conflict resolution skills; with a proven track record of gaining buy-in for product strategies
- Pragmatic, direct approach and a track record of solving problems and implementing solutions in a highly matrixed business environment
- Strong customer focus; the ability to view issues from all customers’ lenses, whether buyer or supplier
- Proven ability to define a set of requirements that pinpoint business challenges and develop recommendations to influence senior leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and proven ability to communicate effectively to audiences with varied backgrounds
- Knowledge of global payments platforms preferable
- Previous experience coding finance and commerce-related solutions preferable
- Master’s degree required, with preference for Engineering and Finance
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 9:10:33 PM