Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This position will be part of a fast-paced & innovative team within Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA). This role is integral part of EDA and supports merchant data attributes enhancements and help building foundational data capabilities to be used across enterprise by developing new algorithms leveraging machine learning techniques. The team applies rigorous, solution-oriented analysis and machine learning techniques.
Purpose of the Role:
The purpose of the role is to help GMNS meet its merchant coverage goal in international markets - using data science to help identify merchant prospects for AXP , predict the potential charge volume they are likely to bring to Amex and use decision sciences to prioritize prospects for acquisition.
Bolster the impact of advanced algorithm and big data capabilities across the EDA organization (e.g. Enrich GMNS Data accuracy leveraging advanced algorithms to drive Amex economics in areas such as merchant prospect acquisition, merchant prioritization and improving merchant heirarchy)
• Lead new initiatives, prepare project plans and other supporting information, and provide project status
Understand different dabases, source systems and match datasets with text terms as key incorporating fuzzy logic.
Extensive case review of customer database to idenify linkage gaps.
• Manage partner expectations including scope, schedule, changes, and problem resolution
Critical Factors to Success:
Attention to details and critical thinking ability
Possess a go-getter attitude
Problem solving ability
Master's degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics or related quantitative fields from a top tier institute
Strong analytical skills including the ability to think through all aspects of complex business requirements and generate possible courses of action
• Proficiency & experience in econometric, statistical and machine learning techniques to develop best in class predictive models
• Must possess excellent analytical, relationship management and strong personal presence
• Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to pro-actively and independently drive results
Proficient in python,hive, working knowledge of hadoop architecture & analytical tools
Knowledge of Platforms:
Having exposure to Hadoop platform is a plus
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 1:06:11 AM