American Express is looking for a Data Analytics Manager to join the Human Resources organization. As a member of a larger people analytics team, you will manage data analytics projects supporting human resources professionals across our global markets. This involves gathering, manipulating, and analyzing large datasets to test hypotheses and develop actionable insights. You will apply your expertise in analytics - including statistics and programming - to drive key HR outcomes of employee retention, diversity and inclusion, and movement of key talent. The individual must be highly analytical, technically proficient, intellectually curious, and an effective communicator.
- Consult and collaborate with HR leaders, and Market HR on the development of process measures, tracking progress of HR initiatives, and performing data analysis to generate actionable insights
- Use Excel and PowerPoint to produce analysis and prepare presentations to be shared with stakeholders
- Use programming languages (R, Python, and SAS) and other internal tools to work efficiently at scale
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the projects to meet deadlines
- Degree in a field that includes data analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis including translating data and insights into a meaningful story to drive strategy, action, and decision-making
- 2+ years of experience working in Human Resources
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: ability to distill and present actionable and clear information from complex research
- Track record of collaboration, building relationships, and team work in a global company
- Expert-level Excel reporting skills including pivot tables, V-look ups, formulas, charts, etc.
- Experience manipulating datasets with R, Python, SAS, SQL, or a similar scripting language and a willingness to improve your expertise on programming languages and other tools to work efficiently at scale
- Ability to operate with agility and manage multiple projects
How You'll Stand Out
- Advanced degree
- 4+ years of experience working in Human Resources
- 2+ years of experience working with R, Python, or a similar scripting language
- Strong consultative skills and the ability to build relationships with cross-functional partners
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 7:49:38 AM