Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Security Incident Response Engineering (SIRE) team manages a number of critical security tools and solutions, including End Point Security, IPS, SIEM, Netflow & Malware analysis products, all of which play a critical role in protecting the company against security vulnerabilities, threats and risks.
The Senior Information Security Analyst will provide technical leadership, support and escalation within a small team responsible for Endpoint Security Products on PCs and Servers across the Global Enterprise and within the Cloud.
Primary focus will be technical support and leadership with regards to operations, engineering and support of Endpoint Security products on PCs and Servers.
The successful individual will have oversight on the endpoint security tools. They will need to assist with reviewing existing & new Endpoint Security products, policies, controls and processes to help strengthen and optimize current Endpoint Security capabilities, as well as identifying any gaps or technical solutions to further enhance the team's effectiveness and alignment with operational best practices.
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Troubleshooting associated operational issues across laptops, desktops and servers
- On call rotational support for the team
- Collaboration with technology and business partners across functions/processes to ensure product currency, alignment, understanding and ongoing communication on product upgrades, policy changes or new deployments
- Make recommendations and assist in the implementation of changes to strengthen processes, procedures and compliance resulting in enhanced information security, service continuity or reduced IT risk
- Provide documentation, metrics and reporting
- Support strategic initiatives and planning activities
Significant experience (+5 years) and demonstrated expertise working in the fields Infrastructure Security and Computing Platforms, including Windows, MAC and specifically Linux, as well as physical and virtual infrastructure.
Specific knowledge related to Endpoint Security products and required skillsets including:
- Traditional Anti-virus/Next Generation Anti-virus
- Host Based Intrusion Prevention/Firewall Protection
- Next generation endpoint protection and advanced threat detection tools
- Real time endpoint data collection and investigation tools
- Endpoint Protection for Cloud hosted environments
- Infrastructure maintenance including application and database servers
- VB Scripting/Automation
- Microsoft SQL query language
- Proven problem solver with ability to provide in-depth analysis of complex problems, manage risk and make quick decisions.
- Able to provide thought leadership / direction to a small team, assisting with training and mentorship, as well as support / guidance around priorities and overall team goals.
- Familiarity with incident and change management practices and solutions
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional relationship and collaboration skills within a team, as well as with external vendors / solution providers, technology colleagues and business partners.
- Professional certification preferred, such as CISSP, CISM or SANS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 12:48:08 PM