Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced team responsible for developing and delivering products and components focused on application security. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs. This role is for a performing DevOps activities in the team which manages high scalable enterprise applications.
The candidate should have conceptual:
- Experience deploying and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience deploying and maintaining a SOA or microservices architecture
- Willingness to learn event-driven architecture
- Exposure to high-availability and fault tolerant systems
- Intrinsic security best practices
- Willingness to contribute towards a positive developer experience
- BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Docker ; Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with RHEL/CentOS
- Experience with DevOps automation; Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Proficient capabilities writing portable scripts in shell, bash, python, etc.
- Experience deploying, managing, and troubleshooting message brokers/queues with at least one of ActiveMQ (Artemis), HornetQ, RabbitMQ; AMQP knowledge is a plus
- Exposure to NoSQL administration; MongoDB is a plus
- Experience deploying and managing Elasticsearch; the entire ELK stack is a plus
- Experience deploying and administering Jenkins/Hudson
- Exposure to YAML, JSON, Node.js, Go, Ruby, and/or Java is a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 5:18:44 PM