Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
American Express (AMEX) is a global Payments services company known for its Credit & Charge cards, Travel & Merchant services and Payments & Financial services network. The company is the world’s largest card issuer by purchase volume & one of the most innovative companies in the Financial Services industry.
Business-to-Business (B2B) is one of the major growth opportunities in Japan, and a key strategic priority in the Global Merchant Services organization. B2B programs are relatively new in Japan, hence the market opportunity is significant, resulting in a focus on successfully establishing an AXP presence in Japan.
This is an exciting role for strategic sales professional who is comfortable working in a complex deal-making environment. You will possess extensive experience engaging with senior clients and prospects, often in the context of strategic and financial discussion.
- Conduct industry and portfolio analysis to develop growth strategies and identify new partnership opportunities
- Focus on medical, Constructions and Others.
- Align and agree with key issuing partners on growth strategies and identified new opportunities
- Engage and sell to key decision-makers of both existing and targeted clients
- Drive the end-to-end deal process including opportunity sizing, analysis of financial models, development of deal constructs, contractual negotiations and deal implementation and monitoring
- Manage a strategic and active portfolio and pipeline
- Provide key input on cost and benefit analysis for each initiative and deal
- Work effectively with all other internal partners in the end-to-end deal process
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful
completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Strong acquisition sales performer who is resilient & resourceful, with proven sales experience
- Strong planning and prioritization skills to address supplier needs
- Strategic and experienced professional with a background in structuring win-win partnership
- Strong financial and commercial acumen
- Excellent relationship building skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Flexible, high energy team player
- University degree in Business or equivalent
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019, 6:40:28 AM