Why American Express?
American Express is a global services company and the world’s largest
card issuer. Our direct relationships with many millions of consumers,
businesses and merchants worldwide—combined with our leading edge marketing, information
management and rewards capabilities—enable us to offer an array of valuable
services that enrich lives, build business success, encourage financial
responsibility and create communities of people with common interests.
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
Sr. Analyst – Regulatory Service Management
The Regulatory Service Management (RSM) team is responsible for supporting the collection, validation and transformation of data required for finance and regulatory reporting. This team has a holistic view of the data sources, processes, outputs and the ability to trouble-shoot and resolve problems related to the numerous data sources being interfaced through various system, data processing and ensuring timely generation of financial reporting.
This role will be focused around Issue and change management process for financial and regulatory reporting spanning across multiple teams including intermediate systems like RiskTech, ODS, OFSAA and FDI, working with various teams to implement, track and monitor changes. Additionally, this role will work closely with other RSM Managers, data and system owners across the organization to document, track, and resolve operational processing conflicts and drive those issues to resolution.
The responsibilities of this role include:
1. Support in communicating, documenting, tracking and resolving issues & changes impacting the regulatory reporting processes. Process documentation, SOPs, dashboards, reporting and presentations.
2. Business communication regarding progress on open items. Raising production incidents and driving issue resolution through tactical fixes, root cause analysis, permanent fixes.
3. Analyze reporting needs and translate them into specific requirements and tasks for business partners. Change, Incident and problem management reporting.
4. Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements towards final implementation.
1. Strong presentation and project management skills.
2. Bachelor’s Degree, required.
3. Experience with American Express accounting and reporting processes, including financial and regulatory reporting, would be a plus but not necessary.
4. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and presentation writing skills. Must be able to communicate results to stakeholders including non-finance people
5. Creative mindset; comfort working in undefined space and seizing new opportunities.
6. Experience working on a globally and culturally diverse team and supporting global processes.
7. Transformational approach to process efficiency and effectiveness.
8. Demonstrated strategic thinking and results driven approach with an ability to convert strategic vision into clear project outcomes.
9. Strong relationship management skills with a proven track of positively collaborating, influencing and extensively coordinating with internal and external partners.
10. Ability to handle a high-pressure environment and make decisions in challenging situations.
11. Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale change.
12. Possessing a high-level understanding of the American Express businesses and processes is a plus.
Shift timings- 11AM to 7:30PM
QualificationsCritical Factors to Success:
Develop and provide functional & process subject matter expertise on Finance systems
Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and presentation writing skills. Must be able to communicate results to stakeholders including non-finance people
Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale change.
Creative mindset; comfort working in undefined space and seizing new opportunities
Experience with OFSAA, Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE), BI Publisher, Tabaleu or a similar analytical toolset is strongly recommended.
Experience with analytical and programming toolsets (e.g. SQL, PLSQL, Java, HTML coding) desired.
Experience with Oracle Financials eBusiness Suite, especially the GL, HFM, Financial Accounting Hub, Consolidations and reporting suite of application, desired.
Experience with American Express accounting and reporting processes, including financial and regulatory reporting, would be a plus
Bachelors in Information Technology or Computer Science is required
Develop and provide functional & process subject matter expertise on Finance systems, including:
Oracle Business Intelligence (OBI)
Lombard Agile Risk Reporter Portal
Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
Financial Accounting Hub (FAH) and General Ledger (GL)
Regulatory Reporting Delivery platform (RRD)
Good Analytical and programming toolsets skills desired(e.g. SQL, PLSQL, Java, HTML coding)
Analytical bent of mind
Ability to trouble shoot and drive resolution,
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
•Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 3, 2019, 10:13:52 AM