Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Create a better experience for you and our users.
Our UX designers know it’s not enough to creatively problem solve, it's also extremely important to make sure we are solving the right problems. If you’re in to designing a better journey for every user from beginning to end, start here. Our experience-driven designers constantly thinking about better ways to solve a problem, possess endless curiosity and desire to connect with and learn from our customers and draw unique insights that will improve our products' experiences. After all, we’re the company that built our entire business on delivering the highest possible levels of customer satisfaction.
Take a hands-on approach to interface design and your career path.
As a part of our fast-moving, agile team, you’ll be responsible for the user experience, including:
- Lead and establish best practices and design thinking / human centered design processes
- Transform ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
- Lead UX design works in agile, fast paced environment – fluently deliver just in time design works for sprint cycles while enhancing the quality and experience of the products
- Work with Product Owners to create detailed wireframes, information architecture diagrams, mental models, personae’s, usability testing stimulus, site maps, story boards, experience / journey maps, service blueprints, user flows and high / low fidelity prototypes along with a wide range of UX assets and deliverables
- Plan and conduct user researches, including but not limited to surveys, interviews, focus groups and usability testing. Effectively act on customer feedback, user testing results and learning’s to improve assets, products and services
- Manage relationships with internal UX partners, brainstorm and create concepts which form the user experiences cross channel (mobile, tablet and desktop)
- Work in collaboration with key project team members, including user experience researchers, product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design
- Being a passionate advocate for the user and incorporate customer insights and principles throughout the creative process.
Are you up for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Interaction Design, Service Design, Communication Design, User Experience Design, Interior Design, Architecture, or related design discipline.
- 4-7 years of UX / Interaction experience designing consumer or enterprise facing applications, websites and mobile experiences
- Previous work in design strategy, UX, service design, or design research is required.
- Proven experience in driving organization transformation, driving mindset shifts by bringing others along with human centered design approaches is a huge plus
- Master's degree preferred
- Fluency with design tools, such as OmniGraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Invision and/or other UX & prototyping software
- Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences. Deliver human-centered, creative, and implementable design concepts
- Ability to synthesize and focus ideas, business opportunities, research and creative vision into tangible assets for users.
At the core of UX design.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices / Design Sprints
- Iterative Product Design Planning and Development
- Design Thinking / Human Centered Design
- Information Architecture
- Interaction / Experience-driven Design
- Design Industry Trends
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Creative Problem Solving
- Experience mapping & Service Blueprinting
- Planning and facilitating design thinking workshops
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 4:17:07 AM