American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
You’ll give our customers the world at their fingertips, and you’ll help them truly experience it.
For American Express Banking Corp., AEBC Controllership team manages period close process both for US GAAP and India GAAP / IND AS and related filings and submissions.
Support treasury back office function and business initiatives.
Manage / support internal and external reviews on Financial close and reporting processes.
Purpose of the Role:
American Express Banking Corp. (“AEBC”) India Branch is a banking entity regulated by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) which deals in Card products. This is a key position in American Express Banking Corp., India Branch Controllership team and assist with responsibilities as defined below.
1. Preparation and scrutiny of returns and statements in accordance with the RBI guidelines.
2. Follow up with various input providers for various returns.
3. Enhance software / systems / procedures to improve data compilation for accurate and timely submission.
4. Keep abreast of the RBI notifications and regulatory developments taking place in form, procedure and method of reporting to RBI.
5. Address business queries with regard to regulatory norms.
6. Preparation of inputs required for various purposes including RBI inspection and Statutory Audit.
7. Preparation of MIS Reporting on daily basis.
8. Perform regular reviews and deep dive analysis of the legal entity P&L and Balance Sheet.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Strong financial accounting / reporting background
• Understanding of banking regulatory requirements
• Strong knowledge of AMEX businesses, Finance and Reporting Systems would be a preferred
• Must be proficient in MS Applications such as Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Results driven and ability to perform multiple tasks, work to strict deadlines and priorities tasks
1-3 years experience in regulatory/financial reporting or financial
M.Com/ MBA / CA (inter) would be a plus
Proficient in MS Office - Word, Excel, PPT
Familiar with banking industry and regulatory environment
Well versed with basic accounting practices
Accounting Rules and practices
Awareness on financial statements and disclosures of Banks
Ability to assess and reconcile general ledger with sub ledger
Knowledge of Platforms:
Knowledge of Oracle, OBIEE
Usage of various functions in Excel
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shifts between 8 AM to 8 PM
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 4, 2019, 5:59:54 AM