There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The Global Commercial Payments business is going through a significant transformation to take advantage of the tremendous payments opportunities across the globe. The business is significantly evolving our product offerings to meet the diverse needs of our commercial customers. With these evolving products customer management strategies also need to evolve.
The incumbent Director of Commercial Risk Management in the Credit & Fraud Risk – Centre of Excellence CFR-CoE) will lead the customer management strategies for the OPEN Card Lending and LOC Portfolio covering authorization, Case setup's, Collections and RLA.
The incumbent will have to build and execute on the recession readiness plans to ensure our delinquency numbers meet the targets.
Candidate will be responsible for driving ke initiatives like product launches & refreshes from customer management perspective.
The incumbent will leverage capabilities such as Customer 360 and Commercial Debt Capacity to help transform risk management to Obligor level and execute on the recession readiness plan in collaboration with other commercial risk teams within the broader global CFR organization.
Critical Factors to Success:
• A strong balance of strategic and analytic acumen, with a high level of intellectual agility and capacity for original and innovative thoughts
• Ability to cope with ambiguity and complexity, managing a multitude of projects and relationships
• Willingness to experiment and learn
• Proven leader who can inspire vision in others
• Intelligent risk taker
• Implements and manages change effectively
• Collaborates and influences appropriately
• Ability to quickly gain respect from and add value to any team
• Team player but prepared to share own opinion even at the risk of alienating
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to all levels of the organization
• 10 travel required
At least 5 -7 years risk or information management experience (preferably including commercial risk)
Preferably masters in any of Engineering, Technology, Management, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related subjects
Data & Quantitative Analytics,
Prioritization and project management
Knowledge of Platforms:
Thought leadership, people leadership, collaboration, communication
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 2:10:11 AM