This position will be part of the Executive Compensation team supporting day to day management, analysis and communication of American Express’ Executive Compensation Programs. This position reports to Director Compensation and will also work closely with the Senior Vice President of Executive Compensation.
The manager will coordinate our work with the American Express Board’s Compensation and Benefits Committee, as well as our Bank Holding Company related regulatory relationship with the Federal Reserve Board, and all other aspects of corporate governance relating to executive compensation.
- Managing the systems and detailed records of the plans/programs, coordinating with internal support and outsource vendors
- Responsible for drafting executive compensation program communications,
- Researching compliance related issues associated with the day to day administration activities
- Proposing solutions to ensure plans are competitive and compliant
- Interpreting plan provisions, researching plan documents to respond to business and/or participant requests, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Responding to questions from Human Recourse colleagues as well as plan participants
- Coordinating with American Express Finance, Tax and Legal on accounting and regulatory aspects of executive compensation programs.
- Assist with preparation and coordination of materials for Compensation Committee Meetings, including supporting documentation
- Assist in preparation of Company’s annual proxy statement and other public filings
- Monitor, track and report on legislation, regulations and media articles pertaining to executive pay
- Market Practices: maintain awareness of practices among competitors and of regulatory and business trends in exec comp
- This position requires at a minimum a bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Human resources or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Executive Compensation experience. Additional progressive human resources, finance or related experience is a plus
- The incumbent should be familiar with the standard concepts, practices, and procedures within compensation
- Strong consultative, analytical, communication and PC skills a must.
- High proficiency in data management and analysis, including Excel.
- Quick learner with a solutions-focused approach
- Ability to manage competing and changing demands
- Excellent quantitative, program management, and relationship skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management, including cross-functional colleagues in Finance, HR, Tax and Legal
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinking ability with strong financial acumen
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to operate effectively in a team environment
- Strong customer service skills
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Visa Sponsorship: Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 17, 2020, 2:12:26 PM