You’ll do more than the expected. You’ll do the unexpected.
Service Assurance Engineer is responsible for providing Service Assurance for business-critical applications and utilities and will report to Service Delivery Director or Sr. Service Assurance Engineer.
Service Assurance - Instill a service assurance mindset and execution to a portfolio or set of customer experiences/journeys.
Liaise between Global Infrastructure: Collaborate and partner with development teams and interfacing business teams.
Proficient at handling and resolving Incidents and Events.
Drive Problem resolution and create user stories.
Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
Effectively participate on a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
Function as a member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice to provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
Provide monitoring/oversight of key application performance and capacity constraints to mitigate potential incidents before they impact the customer.
Conduct data mining/analysis activities to provide actionable insights to support issue identification, resolution, etc.
Monitor and measure accuracy of inbound data feeds, data conditioning processes and work with engineering leaders to identify and drive resolution of quality gaps.
Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Lead and Implement plans for disaster recovery, high availability, issue mitigation, contingency, and security as needed.
- Develop custom automation in order to streamline support processes.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Mainframe skills include but not limited to Cobol, DB2, IMS, JCL, and familiarity with Control M. Deep understanding of infrastructure technologies and components.
- Experience with identifying Application / Infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and ability to work with others to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Education & Experience:
- University Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience.
- Mainframe skills include but not limited to Cobol, DB2, IMS, JCL, and familiarity with Control M.
- Strategic and innovative mindset, with the desire to act quickly, think critically, challenge the status quo, create innovative solutions, and drive transformation.
- Keeps up-to-date on current research and technology in the industry. Recognizes opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities and strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates collaboration internally and externally to achieve objective.
- Clearly communicates ideas, concepts and feedback to influence other Engineering teams on continual improvement initiatives.
- Experience in one or more areas is a plus:
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
- Experience with automation development.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
- Health care scheme
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Dental scheme
- Virtual GP
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
- A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
- Employee Discount Portal
- Back up childcare/adultcare
- Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
Don’t live life without it.To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2020, 9:26:12 AM