Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
You will be part of the data driven IT Service Management portfolio focused on delivering seamless IT service.
Purpose of the Role:
Create tools that enable our IT professionals to be successful while ensuring IT Controls are maintained
This team is responsible for delivering Data and Business Intelligence solutions to Enterprise IT Colleagues
Critical Factors to Success:
Must be a team player and work well across multiple teams
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to solve complex problems
Customer focused mindset
5-7 years of experience in programming, applications systems design and architecture
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related field
• Proven experience building scalable web applications
• Familiarity with fundamental machine learning techniques, algorithms and text mining is abonus
• Good communication skills - able to explain concepts to product managers and business partners in ways that are meaningful to them.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential At the core of Software Engineering.
5+ years of wide breath of engineering experience in application design, software development, automated testing
Experience writing intuitive and responsive UI applications
Experience with frameworks such as React, Angular, Flask and CSS pre-processing frameworks
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience, query authoring (SQL) and stored procedures development as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
• Experience in Web services design and implementation using REST / SOAP
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019, 1:02:18 AM