Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
As a Sr Service Delivery Performance Analyst, you will support Global Technology Operation Services, working closely with and collaborating with all members of Operations and Engineering. He or she will need to have a consistent track record of excellence operating independently and within a high performing team environment.
Purpose of the Role:
Responsible for root cause analysis, utilizing application performance management software and tools to investigate issues and problems and collect performance and capacity information. Assists as required with the resolution of critical incidents and problems. Performs monitoring and analysis on all factors impacting high availability and service level attainment.
• Technical driven stewardship for customer experience and service performance.
• Effectively use innovative technologies available in-service assurance tool chain to improve efficiencies and customer experience.
• Partner with development team for service performance.
• Ensure applications are scaled adequately to meet performance for the projected volumes.
• Provide design recommendations for complex systems and applications, certify capabilities for reliability, availability and serviceability.
• Liaise between Global Infrastructure, interfacing development, Product Owners and other partner teams to improve performance and availability.
• Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
• Effectively lead a bridge and escalations as part of a larger incident management process.
• Function as a leader of a DevOps Team following the agile methodology to provide design inputs and operational best practices.
Critical Factors to Success:
• Ability to technically lead a geographically dispersed team.
• Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
• Experience with DevOps or Full Stack, operating highly-available IT infrastructure and building live production APIs and services.
• Proficiency with automation development.
• Experience working in an Agile, CI/CD toolchain or other rapid application development methods.
• Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
• Exposure to Machine Learning and AI.
• Conceptual Enterprise architecture knowledge.
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred. Five plus years of progressive experience providing post-implementation and ongoing service assurance, as required.
• Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
• Ability to effectively interpret technical/business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
• Influence and lead team members with creative thought leadership with data driven changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Highly proficient with one or more of the following:
• Industry tools for predictive analysis.
• Distributed (multi-tiered) systems, large scale infrastructure and design.
• Debugging techniques for root cause analysis.
• Expertise in identifying Application/Infrastructure risks, mitigation strategy and the ability to work well with others to ensure risks are mitigated.
• Experience implementing highly available solutions (e.g. always on, clustering, mirroring) as well as performance troubleshooting and tuning.
• Deep ITIL knowledge: Event Management, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Knowledge Management.
• Expert level ability in resolving and documenting incidents by using innovative engineering practices, while meeting or exceeding the overall SLAs.
• Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities.
• Establish technical requirements based on industry trends and new technologies.
Knowledge of Platforms:
Knowledge and experience in the Financial Services industry preferred
Knowledge and experience with Application Monitoring Industry tools including Splunk, Dynatrace or others required
Knowledge and experience working with American Express proprietary applications desired but not required.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2020, 5:00:59 AM