American Express Global Advertising & Brand Management (GABM) is responsible for creating marketplace demand and driving commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative branding, marketing and experiences. The Strategy & Planning team rolls up into the Global Brand Planning team who liaises with BUs and develops and manages GABM’s strategic and financial plans.
This team will be core to leading strategic initiatives, managing focus, delivering on priorities and providing connection points across the GABM team and key partners. We are looking for a dynamic individual to deliver a solid financial management infrastructure to support a global team. This Manager/ Sr. Manager will play a critical role in GABM.
- Provide strategic and financial consultancy for all GABM teams.
- Support the evolution of GABM’s strategic planning process.
- Manage monthly forecasting processes, funding allocation, and day-to-day financial matters for the organization.
- Conduct ongoing strategic analysis and monitoring of spend.
- Develop a financial planning roadmap to streamline various processes and communications across the organization.
- Build relationships with all teams throughout the organization as well as with key partners in Finance and Corporate Planning.
- Support the annual strategic and investment planning process.
- Advanced project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work across a complex environment and across various internal teams and with key stakeholders.
- Track record for leading and implementing multiple initiatives with accurate and impactful results.
- Strong financial analysis mindset and decision support experience, as well as a proven strategic thought leadership by contributing to initiatives such as process improvements and reengineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills able to work well internally and with external agency partners.
- Strong sense of integrity, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with financial systems, including Ariba and Oracle, a plus.
- Team player, comfortable working in “white space” and willing to take on incremental responsibilities.
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting/strategy, analytics and/or financial management.
- Highly skilled in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Workplace Flexibility: Potential to work remotely part of the time based on current projects and team needs.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 1:54:14 PM