The Global Merchant Network Services (GMNS) Pricing team is responsible for the single largest source of American Express’ revenue: Merchant discount revenue. The team works closely with multiple business partners to determine the ideal pricing structure to encourage merchant acceptance of American Express, while striving to improve coverage and merchant satisfaction. Ultimately, we drive merchant revenue and profit growth through customer-centric pricing principles, more flexible pricing architecture and innovative pricing solutions.
Within Global Merchant Network Services - Pricing, this Analyst position is within the Technical Strategy & Control team and provides a unique opportunity to have meaningful impacts across multiple businesses and geographies.
- Support the E2E development of new merchant pricing capabilities alongside multiple, global business partners including Technologies and GMS.
- Assist in the project management of multiple initiatives, with particular focus on requirement definition, user story development, and end-user testing.
- Use creativity and innovation to identify new pricing constructs and solutions in response to our dynamic, competitive environment.
- Partner with the regional Pricing teams, Global Servicing, and the Client Management& Sales organizations to implement strategic initiatives.
- Ensure the integrity and control of pricing for over 5MM merchants worldwide on all components of merchant pricing, including rates, fees and other terms.
- Ensure continued compliance with any/all controls, requirements and standards, including support of multiple internal and external audits.
Motivated self-starter with project management skills (specifically, testing) and ability to manage multiple tasks.
Experience with internal controls, information security and/or audit.
Demonstrated Intellectual curiosity and investigative mindset.
Passionate focus on the customer – demonstrated desire to understand and solve for customer needs and pain points.
Superior communication skills - oral and written.
Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Strong analytical skills and comfort working with unstructured problems.
Knowledge of various query and data analytic tools such as SQL, Microsoft Office, etc. preferred.
Knowledge of AXP/GMNS Account Payables, Global Servicing and/or other technical/operational/servicing (SEIMS, MS3, Genesis, MerchantForce, etc.) systems preferred, but not required.
2 years’ experience in Financial Services industry across Operational/Technical/Servicing or other related field
BS/BA or other related technical/project management required.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 15, 2020, 12:41:53 PM