Analyst, Merchant Communication Solutions
This Analyst position is part of Enterprise Marketing Platforms & Solutions (EMPS) which is American Express’ marketing services center of excellence with the charter of driving agile marketing solutions and enabling innovative, high-quality marketing for the enterprise, while also transforming our end-to-end marketing processes and platforms. The Merchant Communications Solutions team (MCS), within EMPS, is focused on enabling merchant lifecycle experiences for our Global Merchant & Network Services (GMNS) customers across the globe.
This individual will report to a Manager and collaborate with their manager to help oversee the market portfolios across the team. This individual will be expected to lead the campaign build for our partners, collaborate on program consultation, solution design and campaign execution.
Specific areas of responsibilities include:
- Program Consultation: this individual will be expected to have a strong understanding of our marketing automation platform (MCRM) that is used to power merchant marketing and have the ability to translate how this product can support the needs outlined by the business. S/he will need to be able to provide clear recommendations to the partner(s) and help assess technical and operational complexities involved in deploying an experience, as well as overall feasibility
Program Enablement: this candidate will also be expected to lead the program build efforts. This will involve translating a marketer’s plan into an overarching experience design, aligning requirements with the marketer and completing the build within the platform. It may also involve coordinating efforts with the product owners of the marketing platform on enhancements and/or supporting marketing discussions with the channels.
- Quality Review: This candidate will conduct a quality review process for all programs prior to deployment.
Channel Delivery: S/he will oversee delivery of the data files to the channel and ensure the program is deployed successfully.
- Portfolio Reviews: This candidate will also be required to help maintain a comprehensive portfolio summary for the teams s/he manages. This will involve keeping track of all of the programs recently deployed (and any follow ups that may be required), tracking a comprehensive view of all planned and in progress activities, and ensuring that we’ve clearly outlined where there are risks and/or dependencies we need to manage to ensure the program is successfully deployed. In addition, this individual will host regular meetings with Marketing partners to discuss progress against campaigns and upcoming plans.
To be successful in this role, this person must possess the following competencies:
- High attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to build and manage a project plan
- Proficiency in PPT, Excel, Word, Visio/Process Mapping Tools
- Comfort with complex data models and having the ability to understand how to work with data to enable marketing use cases
- Familiarity with relational databases, a light understanding of SQL and experience working in CRM database systems a plus
- Understanding of American Express data and Merchant hierarchies a plus
- Ability to clearly document and articulate business needs to both marketers and product owners
- Ability to translate technical concepts in a manner that is easily understood by the business
- Strong ability to build and maintain relationships with business partners
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 3, 2020, 3:47:51 PM