Don’t just have a great idea, build it.
The Cross Border Payments (CBP) team is part of Amex Global Commercial Services and is responsible for a cloud-based, highly available platform enabling international foreign exchange transactions for global commercial clients.
We are establishing teams in our new London office, very close to Victoria, to build world-class technology as part of the CBP product. They will be responsible for developing and delivering some of the core functionalities for our new system, building the foundations of a platform targeting millions of American Express users and supporting the roll out of brand new components and functions.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make purchases through proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The FX International Payments platform provides best in class business-to-business cross border payments. The platform is currently undergoing a full-stack transformation to become CBP. This provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join the team and make an impactful difference.
What are we looking for?
An experienced solutions architect with hands on development experience and extensive knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and cloud architectures.
What you will do:
You will fulfill the role of servant leader in a dynamic environment to support a number of teams and;
Perform hands-on solution architecture design work
Be responsible for design and code reviews to ensure delivery of our desired outcomes and alignment to enterprise standards
Actively identify opportunities to adopt innovative technologies and develops POCs to validate use cases
Be accountable for the platform integration performance and efficiency
Collaborate with business partners to define requirements and with engineering teams to direct architecture practices
Work with Business and Data Architects to align and incorporate their input into platform solutions
Define technical solutions and business process improvements in support of the business and IT strategic direction
Coach and mentor engineering teams on solution architecture, providing advice, guidance and assistance to people with varying technical experience
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Extensive, hands-on experience with software engineering, event driven architectures, high-availability RDBMS product(s) & cloud native environments
- Advanced to expert level knowledge and understanding of solution architecture and complex application systems design
- Deep understanding of systems integration using both modern (e.g. APIs, pub-sub) and more mature (e.g. SOAP, SFT, MQ) techniques
- Meaningful experience of relevant supporting architecture domains required to align and deliver solutions e.g. business, information, application, technical, channel specific (web, API, mobile) etc.
- Ability to perform system design reviews to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and alignment to strategic platform road-maps
- Experience of design and implementation of complex Micro-service architectures
- Knowledge of enterprise level integration patterns including modern, asynchronous messaging and pub-sub approaches
- Understanding of distributed computing design principles, execution patterns and performance optimisation techniques
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as well as effective consulting and influential leadership skills
- Well versed in current industry best practices regarding solution delivery disciplines
- Strong business acumen with the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context
- A background in software development using Spring and Java
- Appreciation of non-functional requirements covering a range of concerns such as security, performance & capacity, availability, maintainability etc.
- You have experience with multiple JVM languages, functional programming, asynchronous programming, the concepts of clean code
- Deep business capability domain knowledge relative to the assigned portfolio
- Experience working with and managing 3rd party vendors and hosting partners to integrate COTS (Commercial Off The Shelf) packages
- Experience of Domain Driven Design and Event Sourcing
- Appreciation of Kafka asynchronous messaging backbones and streaming
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
A competitive benefits offering designed to support our employees’ total health and wellbeing, including:
Health care scheme
Defined contribution pension plan
Core holiday allowance with opportunity to buy or sell additional days
Car Allowance/Company Car Option
A range of flexible benefits to choose from designed to suit your lifestyle: healthcare plan options, health assessments, critical illness coverage, cycle to work, season ticket loans
Employee Discount Portal
Back up childcare/adultcare
Onsite facilities include; Fitness classes, Health Checks, Digital Health Kiosk, Physiotherapy, Healthy Living Nurse, Wellness Studio, Costa Coffee and subsidised staff restaurant
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 00800 83 000038 (free phone, subject to individual carrier charges). For Russia based candidates on 810 800 83 000038.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 7:51:38 AM