Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
This is a Band 30 position.
• This position is part of External Reporting - Legal Entity Reporting CoE
Purpose of the Role:
• Statutory and Regulatory reporting for legal entities involving complex legal structure/ multiple lines of businesses and currencies.
• Support local statutory audit for multiple legal entities across International region.
• Independently prepare financial statements as per extensive IFRS statutory reporting requirements on a timely basis against plan.
• Independently prepare the Board reporting packs as per the delivery calendar
• Lead end to end legal entity audit as directed by Service Delivery Leader (SDL) / Director Legal Entity Reporting (LER), Accounting & Reporting Team and Financial Controller.
• Prepare local GAAP to US GAAP reconciliation, reviewing significant adjustments for GAAP differences.
• Lead customer calls and provide analysis of reporting information, as directed by SDL / Director LER, Accounting & Reporting Team and Legal Entity Financial Controller to support board of directors meetings.
• Manage delivery of multiple markets at a time and perform peer level review or consolidation
• Manage work and provide leadership and support to B28’s
• Conduct research as required on GAAP, regulations and laws.
• Ensure effective controls and governance are adhered to.
• Research and interface with auditors/ customers to provide explanation/ resolution of issues and queries.
• CDM/HFM implementation for statutory, regulatory and board reporting.
• Lead projects involving automation, standardisation, etc. among others
• Report to Service Delivery Leader (SDL) LER Team
Critical Factors to Success:
• Lead end to end legal entity audit as directed by Service Delivery Leader (SDL) / Director Legal Entity Reporting (LER), Accounting & Reporting Team and Financial Controller
• Ability to respond to changes in reporting requirements as dictated Financial Controller to determine how to accommodate changes, providing analytical support to translate requirements into technology and resource impact.
• Public Accounting/audit experience
• Minimum 4 years post qualification experience.
• Qualified Accountant CA/CPA/ACCA.
• A strong financial accounting / reporting background including understanding of regulatory requirements.
• Good understanding of IFRS/ Indian GAAP and reporting requirements.
• Change and project management exposure, including transition of reporting work from onshore location.
• A fast/keen learner with the ability to learn a detailed process quickly.
• Ability to share technical knowledge and proactively encourage others to do the same.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong technical accounting background and experience in accounting, statutory / regulatory reporting or statutory auditing
• Advanced knowledge of IFRS GAAP and reporting requirements
• Good understanding of US GAAP and also other GAAP is advantageous
Knowledge of Platforms:
• In depth knowledge of AXP Policies, Procedures and Systems. Knowledge of COGNOS will be a plus
• High proficiency in MS-Office applications, Working knowledge of Essbase/analytical software, Oracle and Cognos preferred.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Shift Timings: 8:30 am-5 pm/ 11:30 am-7:30 pm/ 3:30 pm-11:30 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 2:04:30 AM