- As HK Market HR Manager, you will operate under the simple premise that people are our most valuable resource. You will be responsible for driving our Talent strategy and agenda for HK market, developing talent at all level of the organization and fostering an open environment to build a diverse and strong Talent pipeline. Inspiring success and developing Talent is more than a job, it’s a calling that builds the culture of American Express.
- The primary role of the Market HR Manager is to contribute to and deliver against a tangible People Plan aligned to global and local market business priorities on Talent Management and Development. A partner to all business leaders responsible for enabling market-wide business success and enhancing the employee experience to drive business outcomes. As a key member of the local Market HR leadership team, the role will have people leadership responsibility. This role will also contribute to the success of the Hong-Kong OneHR Team, part of the Asia cluster of markets.
- In close collaboration with our Centres of Expertise (e.g. Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Global Talent and Learning Development) and global & regional HR Business Partners, as well as with HR colleagues across the region, the incumbent will drive HR initiatives focused on driving Talent strategy and agenda in line with business priorities and future Talent needs. He/She will ensure an external focus to capitalize on market best practices and will base his/her recommendation on thorough data analysis.
- With a Talent focus, contribute to the creation and execution of the People Plan and market growth strategy.
- Based on robust data support, develop and execute a local talent strategy in collaboration with COE’s and HRBP’s. Lead and manage talent process including talent reviews, succession planning, and inclusion & diversity initiatives.
- Partner with business leaders and COE’s to drive the market approach to leading Talent transformation initiatives, including the execution of global Talent strategy and leverage global solutions with local relevance.
- Support regional Talent initiatives and propose solutions to drive Talent strategy and agenda at regional level
- Strategic and operational Talent management experience.
- Strong in data analysis and building solutions based on facts and data (internal and external)
- Track record of partnering with the business and senior leaders to drive results and change initiatives.
- Proven collaborator with an enterprise-wide mindset, successful experience in a matrix, likely gained in a multi-national if not global organization, demonstrating ability to drive business needs and geographic effectiveness
- Demonstrated success leading others and effectively influencing others without authority
- Strong Leadership skills, change management experience and ability to drive cross business employee experience consistency
- Excellent English written, verbal communication skill and strong influencing
- Proven ability to work proactively to drive and deliver results
- A strong team player with the ability to engage and inspire others
- Continuous self-development approach to enhance HR competence and growth mindset to improve business acumen
- Demonstrated project management experience, including complex change initiatives and implementing programs, events and initiatives.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment
- Minimum 10+ years HR experience in a Generalist with Talent focus or Specialist role(s) will be considered
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 6, 2020, 6:03:47 AM