American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a senior engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your India and US leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
· Individual has to work closely with application teams to define, frame and capture business needs
· Participate in the infrastructure design and selection process
· Align customer needs to the evolution of the platform product roadmap
· Oversee the diagnosis and correction of infrastructure problems
· Provide internal analysis and support to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
· Conduct infrastructure performance and security assessments
· Support the certification and accreditation of infrastructure on customer networks
· Provide value-added solutions for business, both tactically and strategically
· Lead customers to understand how current or envisioned processes align to industry best practice
· Define processes, documentation and engineering diagrams for technical and operations support
· Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
· Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
· Responsible for the quality of deliverables in terms of the technical design, implementation, testing and adherence to technical compliance standards.
· Provide lead support and direction to the team responsible for the overall health and maintenance of all infrastructure assets
Critical Factors to Success (Outcome Driven):
· Engineer and maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery Platform and its supporting tools
· Identify innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of customers
· Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders
· Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
· Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrityLead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
· 8+ years of Unix/Linux system administration experience extensively.
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
FunctionalHands-on deployment and troubleshooting expertise to at least a medium level (on a scale of low, medium and high expertise) on of the following 2 or more technologies and products.
• Build & Collaboration
• Test & Scan • Deploy & Control
• Red Hat Certifications on either RHCE, RHCSA
• Design and develop components for data hygiene
· Ability to bridge the gap when working with the Product, Architecture, QA and Infrastructure teams.
Shift - Follow the sun. 8 am to 5 pm or 1:30 pm to 9:30 pm, one needs to work on weekends as per on-call schedule.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
· Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
· Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
· Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 14, 2020, 11:15:28 AM