We are looking for a Lead Developer that will be responsible for troubleshooting issues on a large SaaS environment built on Linux and Java. You would work directly with Development, Infrastructure and Support teams to solve issues in this high paced transactional environment. The support responsibilities will span multiple data centers as you would participate in supporting our platform in the US as well as in EU.
- Diagnose problems with our Web-based enterprise application and various vertical applications
- Documentation of processes involved with support duties for internal customers and end-users
- Contribute in writing and in person to root cause analysis meetings as part of process improvement
- Operate and support a large SaaS platform based on Java and Linux
- Participate in the development and testing of internal tools, scripts and other coding projects
- Work closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for customers
- Work with application developers, support and our QA team to isolate customer issues
- Diagnose and Analyze issues reported by clients
- Experience supporting a SaaS environment product with external customers
- A keen analytical, structured, and detail-oriented approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the differences between object-oriented programming and functional programming
- Passion for software engineering, mobile security, and writing clean, maintainable code.
- Proven problem-solving skills, the ability to roll up your sleeves and tackle hard problems with little technical direction or oversight.
- Customer-first attitude and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adept and comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment required
- An understanding of Java, understanding of Groovy and/or Python are highly desirable
- Experience with at least one RDBMS, preferably Oracle or Postgres, and commensurate skill in writing SQL scripts
- Working knowledge of industry standard formats, especially XML, CSV, and JSON; this includes understanding of character encodings like UTF-8 and ISO-Latin 1
- Familiarity with the concepts of hashing, symmetric encryption, public key encryption, and SSL/TLS
- Basic understanding of common networking components and topologies in standard Web application environments
- Experience in Linux OS and command line operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred
- 3+ years of experience building web service API’s or UI’s.
- 3+ years of experience in highly scalable, high availability environments supporting high transaction volumes.
- 3+ years of experience supporting and/or debugging mobile applications written in Objective-C for iOS, and/or in Java for Android.
- Experience working with customers to explain complex technical concepts
- 3+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following application servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, Tomcat, or JBoss
- 3+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following relational databases: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
- Familiarity with noSQL databases.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 20, 2019, 10:42:39 PM