Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Infrastructure networking engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient Infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on Cloud infrastructure networking and automation then build your career here.
Purpose of the Role:
• Build, design and test our next generation infrastructure automation for switches, load balancers, DHCP and DNS.
• Architect and design the next generation Load balancers using the Cloud open source tools and reduce the operating costs.
• Lead the architecture, design and testing for our next generation dns and dhcp services
• Create service mesh, anycast, public cloud and IPv6 strategies to meet the changing demands of the industry.
• Partner with application and infrastructure teams to deliver innovative and resilient solutions that meet their needs.
• Evolve and automate our DDI systems and services
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in Networking, automation and Cloud/Virtualization domain.
• Good working experience in Load balancers, DNS, DHCP networking technologies.
• Bachelors Degree in a related engineering field
• Agile Practices
• Emerging Technologies
• SDLC Methodologies and Practices
• System/Platform Domain Knowledge
• 5+ years of wide breath of engineering experience in networking OSI Stack, Cloud technologies, software development in Load balancers, DNS/DHCP and automation.
• 5+ years of enterprise architecture and design experience of DDI systems and solutions
• 5+ years experience with Infoblox, Blue Cat, Diamond IP or other DDI systems
• Working knowledge of Linux(RedHat/Suse/Debian/Ubuntu/BSD)
Knowledge of Platforms:
• Working knowledge on Linux platforms, VMWare, private/public Cloud platforms.
• Very good team player and someone who can technically lead the team.
• Good communication, collaboration and partnering skills with other teams.
• Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential at the core of Software Engineering.
Enterprise Leadership Behaviors
• Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
• Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
• Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019, 5:48:29 AM