As one of the enterprise teams within American Express, Enterprise Digital & Analytics (EDA) works closely with colleagues in Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG), Global Corporate Payments (GCP) and Global Merchant Services (GMS) and across the entire company to drive growth, margin expansion, marketplace differentiation, and to accelerate our digital strategy forward. The team develops and scales high-impact, mobile-centric, and personalized digital experiences across the customer lifecycle and adapts to the evolving needs of our Card Members, merchants, and partners.
Within EDA, the Enterprise Digital Membership Experiences (EDME) team strives to create best-in-class customer experiences across Web, Mobile and Push channels.
This Associate Product Manager will help manage the global development for core digital experiences across the Web Account Dashboard/Hub, which drives millions of daily views and governs critical components of customer satisfaction. Customers log in to AmericanExpress.com to manage their relationship, and the Account Dashboard/Hub is often the front door in their journey. In this role, the Associate Product Manager will focus on the optimization of Account Hub core features, including site navigation and dashboard vitals, that are the gateway to deeper experiences on Amex.com. These journeys are key customer experiences that deliver on both customer needs and business goals.
We are looking for a candidate who is eager to enter, transition into, or develop a career in product ownership. The candidate will work closely and collaboratively within a team of product owners, engineers, designers, UX researchers, and data analysts, and be the point person for the end-to-end development and deployment of a variety of web customer journeys. This role requires strong engagement with an extended stakeholder network across the Enterprise to effectively communicate a product vision and manage expectations, including but not limited to marketing, global services, card product, compliance, legal, international partners, and the mobile and push channels.
- Be part of a collaborative, outcome-driven agile team to build, execute, innovate and manage new digital features and capabilities for American Express Card Members
- Work effectively with a team of developers to ensure a consistently smooth process of code deployment to market
- Create and maintain product documentation, including business rules and global translations
- Partner with the design team to conduct UX research, gather and analyze data, and gather insights through experimentation with the goal of contributing to the product vision and strategy
- Field and prioritize requests for site enhancements from internal stakeholders
- Communicate with partners from international markets to uplift features across a global codebase
- Leverage user feedback tools to identify user pain points in existing journeys, and translate them into proposed actionable enhancements to a product
- Be the voice of the customer and the product evangelist for all users to executives and enterprise partners
- Strong user-centric mindset
- Ability to communicate with effectiveness and empathy
- Detail oriented – active involvement in backlog development and documentation requires a process-driven mindset with a strong attention to detail
- Sense of urgency and enthusiasm in developing best-in-class products
- Analytically savvy – leveraging both quantitative and qualitative insights to drive outcome-driven product decisions
- Proactive – A can-do attitude that gives you the confidence to find a way to solve problems regardless of how unclear they initially appear
- Curious about the why and how
- Familiar with product development fundamentals and vocabulary
- 1+ years of agile product development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 11:58:58 AM