There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
- Experiences to become a great leader
- A world of opportunities to grow your career
- An inclusive culture to help you thrive
- Develop and implement effective compliance programs to ensure compliance with relevant laws pertaining to products in the market;
- Provide compliance-related regulatory guidance and support on business initiatives, new product & operational strategies;
- Communicate compliance obligations through employee forums and meetings with senior leaders;
- Assist GSG in integrating legal/compliance requirements into business processes, policies and procedures, system design and business self-testing (BST);
- Provide support and compliance approval & oversight of all phases of the Issues Management process which includes root cause analysis, determining compliance risk, remediation support and defining on-going controls to mitigate reoccurrence of compliance issues;
- Support regulatory examinations and internal/external audits as necessary;
- Maintain on-going relations with business partners, BST leaders, General Counsel’s Office (GCO), internal Audit and market compliance officers (MCO’s) to ensure appropriate focus on compliance issues and awareness of compliance results and plans.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, standards and policies relevant to GSG in the area of consumer protection laws, anti-money laundering, data protection and privacy;
- Strong relationship, communication and influencing skills;
- Proven experience in operating in and managing, a complex matrix environment;
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives, to prioritize and reprioritize activities;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify potential compliance issues, perform root cause and recommend solutions;
- Attention to detail and ability to assist in the interpretation of regulatory/compliance requirements and assess impact to business systems, processes and initiatives;
- Ability to translate strategies into a detail work plan, to manage deliverables and drive to completion;
- University Graduate and relevant professional qualification preferred - Law Degree, Compliance Diploma Control/Auditing background an advantage.;
- Ability to work independently and deliver results;
- Previous compliance/privacy experience an advantage
- Knowledgeable on relevant laws, regulations, standards and policies relevant to either Australia/New Zealand, UK, US operations in the area of consumer protection laws, anti-money laundering, data protection and privacy. Knowledge on Philippine Privacy law.
- Able to develop and implement effective compliance programs and provide compliance-related regulatory guidance and support on business initiatives, new product & operational strategies.
- Can support regulatory examinations and internal/external audits, as well as maintain on-going relations with global business partners.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2019, 3:16:11 AM