American Express invites you to share your resume so you can be considered for future Manager/Senior Manager opportunities in the New York and Phoenix locations within our Global Risk Banking & Compliance (GRBC) Team.
The Risk Oversight organization within Global Risk, Banking, and Compliance (GRBC) is responsible for identifying and managing risk across all processes and geographies at American Express.
The incumbent will identify, assess, measure, and manage operational risk using recent advances in data science and technology. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting independent risk assessments, providing effective challenge to first line teams, and ensuring that significant risks are promptly identified.
This role provides development and growth opportunities for candidates, including the ability to learn and apply key principles of operational risk management.
- Conduct independent risk assessments across various processes to identify potential emerging risks and performance issues.
- Provide effective challenge to first line teams through independent reviews of critical processes
Identify operational risk metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee risk
Develop requirements to support the next generation risk capabilities (e.g. Smart Monitoring)
- Proactive in identifying operational risk events, delivering and escalating key findings, and advising on recommended solutions to correct issues or mitigate risks
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective;
Experience with data-driven analytical tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, HIVE/HADOOP, R, Python);
Experience in data-driven analytics, including analyzing structured and unstructured data
- Ability to clearly communicate oversight findings to peers in operation risk teams, business partners, and senior leaders;
Demonstrates the courage to challenge the status quo;
Demonstrates the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues across the Company;
- Self-starter with natural curiosity to solve problems;
- Lead with an external perspective : Incorporate external influences on customer and business while assessing operational risk
Risk management experience is preferred;
Advanced degree in quantitative field is preferred
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 19, 2019, 8:04:02 PM