At American Express we provide a service of excellence, our customers are our most valuable asset and our teams are the key to achieving this great goal. For over 160 years we continue to grow, proactively responding to the needs and expectations of our customers.
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 169 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
We seek creative and innovative people, who are willing to join us in the challenges of the business and are committed to providing superior service. In this opportunity the company is looking for a Manager Compliace to perform in the Blobal Risk, Banking & Compliance business unit of American Express.
This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of an effective AML legal compliance program consistent with local market legal requirements and American Express Company Compliance programs and policies within the business units operating in Argentina, as per Market Compliance Officer.
This position will drive & execute specific compliance priorities and implementation of Compliance Program, moreover in those related to Anti-money Laundering activities & Sanctions Program.
The incumbent will define, devise and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal obligations and Company policies.
This role will assure that appropriate compliance-related training programs are conducted, participate in projects and pertinent strategic initiatives; will provide support to the business on compliance issues and take appropriate steps to assure that the issues are regularly monitored and reviewed.
- Ensure appropriate interpretation of AML cases to support MCO in decision making process regarding suspicious activity accounts. Ensure analytical approach and thought leadership to provide accurate information and timely resolution of cases.
- Advise Management of their regulatory obligations; and assist the team in the achievement of compliance with obligations and policies, through the effecting of appropriate controls.
- Ensure timely support and supervision of Transaction Intelligence Unit related activities including the AML monitoring programs.
- Assure the execution and review of reports to comply with Sanctions (OFAC, UN, etc) screening activities and monitoring.
- Assure the correct execution of new account setups for Card and Merchant in order to comply with the special characters policy in accordance to OFAC guidance.
- Assure timely execution and coordination of cases triggered by alerts within GAITS as per corporate standards.
- Timely escalation of identified compliance risks to the Risk Committee.
- Generate internal and regulatory reports.
- Represent, in coordination with Senior Compliance Officer and as appropriate, American Express before organizations and government / regulatory bodies in order to develop and maintain business relationships, bench mark procedures and raise the profile of American Express as a compliance-conscious and responsible company. Deal effectively with regulatory interventions.
- Generate AML update report for the Board of Directors.
- Participate in AML and Sanctions related training in order to be able to detect and report any suspicious transaction on a timely manner.
- Perform Risk assessment on AML and Sanction processes and define control points to minimize risks.
- Participate in meetings, reviews and discussions with Global teams to align local policies and procedures to Enterprise standards.
- Implement, in coordination with management, AML policies and procedures to achieve compliance with legal obligations.
- Promote dissemination of compliance information, encourage behaviors that integrate compliance values into business practices and continuously reinforce to all staff personal responsibility for compliance.
- Develop and keep up to date AML metrics and risk matrix, so to keep abreast Senior Management of status of AML program, and incorporate information in business’ strategies.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t live life without it.
- Graduate and/or relevant professional qualification preferred – Law/Accountant Degree, Compliance/AML Certification with a Legal/Compliance/Audit background desired.
- Technical AML Knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of payments and industry.
- Proven ability to build relationship and influence others.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability work effectively with very senior levels of AXP management (business and Compliance) and be a trusted advisor.
- Outstanding risk-based decision making, issue resolution and consensus building skills in order to build and run a world-class compliance program.
- Ability to engage effectively with business teams in assessing large scale change management initiatives, integrating business strategy with Compliance strategy to mitigate risk for the company.
- Highly proactive, outstanding problem solver and successful decision maker.
- Ability to clear articulate rationale for Compliance – at an overall program level or for tactical/ day to day decisions.
- Bi-Lingual fluency in Spanish and English (written and oral).
- Ability to build and foster strong relationships within the Compliance organization globally and regionally, in addition to key stakeholders like GCO.
- Strong management skills to effectively lead, motivate and manage teams.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2019, 12:21:55 PM