Global Merchant and Network Services
(GMNS) is the merchant network of American Express which acquires and maintains
relationships with millions of merchants around the world that welcome American
Through a period of strong growth, we are now recruiting two Aggregator Consultants which will sit within our B2B Acquisition team. Reporting into our National Payment and Aggregator Manager, this hands on position will have a multi-purpose focus. Some of the responsibilities include:
• Payment Designation (PD) - Build out a robust process on the implementation, ongoing management and reporting on PD. Become internal SME on PD process and facilitate internal training as and when required to merchant facing teams. Work with JAPA Premium Servicing to ensure PD support requests are facilitated in an efficient manner.
• Reporting- work with appropriate internal stakeholders to redefine and enhance Aggregator reporting. In addition to performance metrics on portfolio facilitate the creation of POC reporting through deeper clarity on Sponsored Merchant numbers with partners.
• Business Development- acquire and grow new Partners in the recurring billing space in line with the TPSP focus and deliverables. Develop and manage a portfolio of smaller participants with a view to evolving to manage Strategic Partners.
• Compliance & Regulation- Monitor the PSP base to ensure ongoing compliance with Regulatory framework, PSP policy and contractual terms.
• GSMF Remediation- work with partner managers to help facilitate the remediation of any existing Partners required to meet this Compliance imperative.
• AUTHS API – work with internal stakeholders to help facilitate the deployment of the new API designed to solve for AUTHS messaging data with Partners on the legacy AS2805 specification
• Industry knowledge- proactively know and understand the PSP landscape with a specific focus on smaller niche players who are entering the market with disruptive propositions – eg: Mobile wallets, BNPL models
• Subject Matter Expertise- become an SME in this space to help support the senior PSP manager in sharing knowledge across the market, region and globe.
• Working with other markets and regions- play a key role in coordinating communication between PSP teams in other regions to ensure best practice is leveraged globally
• Building and fostering internal relationships with Amex Merchant Risk & Issuer Risk teams, Merchant Pricing, Compliance, OER, Fraud and Amex General Counsel.
The successful candidate will have:
• Proven track record in managing key internal stakeholders locally and globally
• Proven track record of working in a highly dynamic fast changing environment- experience with emerging technology (eCommerce, Mobile Payments and POS)
• Strong Relationship management with the ability to deliver on specific targets
• Comfortable with detail and reporting and a proven ability to manipulate and present data
• A natural interest in emerging payment technologies and disruptive models
• Highly focused on achieving results- often driving wins through long cycle times, which requires tenacity and flexibility
• Excellent communications skills; must be comfortable working autonomously and have a proven track record/disposition advancing non BAU business models and opportunities.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
ReqID: 19021832 Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time Date Posted: Dec 23, 2019, 4:49:51 PM
US Job Seekers: If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position
you may contact us by clicking here or call our US Toll-free number at 1-855-297-7327.
Anonymized data is stored for redirects to the career site tracking successful searches leading to job applications in effort to measure effectiveness of partners in sourcing job candidates and job searches. We request use of anonymized data to improve your experience on our site.