Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
As a Sr. Technical Project Manager, you enable our product engineering team’s productivity and agility by demonstrating Agile/Scrum concepts and principles where appropriate. You’ll be responsible for managing migration of legacy applications to microservices and cloud-native platform. You’ll work with application teams, external partners, vendors and should be able to lead end-to-end programs with intense focus and a sense of urgency.
- Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints/iterations across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties.
- Breaks down barriers with assistance of Director and shields the team from impediments precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines.
- Organizes and facilitates daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint/iteration and builds an environment in which the team is continuously learning from the past.
- Influence without authority through effective change and leadership management.
- Engages with Product Owner, Business Stakeholders and delivery team to understand business need and identify appropriate solutions.
- Uses technical acumen to enable removal of impediments, ask probing questions, and support team in technical issue resolution.
- Facilitate discussions to identify alternative or different approaches to solve problems, break down barriers and drive resolution of conflicts to ensure productivity of team.
- Steer and deliver project communications within Technology and business to ensure transparency of development process and project performance, to coordinate critical issues and issue resolution, to facilitate decision making and to build trust.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns to identify clear action steps.
- Works in partnership with product owner and the core and extended team to build and prioritize product backlog
- Responsible for tracking iteration progress actively adding to design discussions, issue resolution and removing obstacles to ensure sprint/iteration commitments are met.
- Coach team to embrace the technology SDLC process, Agile values, principles and practices, and actively inspire teams to reflect and improve their delivery capacity.
- Delivery focused with the ability to rally the team along to meet deadlin
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other technical discipline preferred, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
7+ years of technical delivery experience with the demonstrated track record of growing responsibility
Experience facilitating Agile/Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to delivery technology solutions on time, on budget and to spec
Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms, a plus
PMI Agile Certification a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 8, 2020, 6:57:17 PM