Why American Express? Or “About American Express”
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
Working at American Express
Experiences That Back You
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide experiences to become a great leader, a world of opportunities to grow your career, and an inclusive culture to help you thrive. Because the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Reasons to Believe
• An iconic global brand, where you can grow as a leader
• Meaningful and rewarding work that is performed with integrity
• A culture of learning in collaboration with great colleagues and leaders
• A unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
• Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
The Powerful Backing™ of American Express.
This is a front-line sales position in the consumer cards sales team, and is responsible for driving business, achieving monthly sales targets and acquiring new customers through consultative selling of our cards products
Engaging with premium customers to build relationships, and delivering a positive customer experience while acquiring new Premium customers
Purpose of the Role:• Prospecting for new customers through existing leads and cold calling and maximizing lead generation
• Timely execution of all sales activities – leads, campaigns, referrals & any self generated leads
Responsibilities:• Set appointments, listen to customer needs and sell most appropriate product• Researches and understands prospects before making the call.• Be the interface between Amex and the customer to resolve any application processing issues
• Drive the on-boarding of new customers and initiates spend enablement activities
Critical Factors to Success:
• Expansion of internal and external relationships, and drive sales results
• The position is also responsible for ensuring appropriate sales processes are followed, and the highest levels of controls and compliance are adhered
Educational Background Required:
• MBA or Graduate
• Minimum 1 year of front line/field sales experience in Premium financial services domain. Candidates with more than 18 months of experience in selling premium B2C product/solution sales, IT sales, Travel, Lifestyle, Healthcare, Real Estate (Only super-premium property sales) can also apply.
• Consultative selling experience
• Proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals
• Demonstrated strategic ability– able to link Amex and customer goals
• Excellent verbal and written communication, relationship building experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Excellent planning skills and territory management skills
• High levels of initiative, self motivation and time management
• Ability to influence and negotiate with customers both internally and externally and at all levels
• Ability to engage and gain commitment effectively across all communication platforms (via telephone, email & face to face)
• Ability to establish/maintain credibility with customers and partners
• Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 9, 2020, 6:54:46 AM