There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive.
We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our customers, to our colleagues, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, quality, respect, and community.
American Express is one of the most respected brands around the world. Our open, creative, and collaborative culture is a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. So if you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career at American Express.
Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Our mission is to give our Card Members and Merchants a level of service that goes above and beyond their expectations every day. We are advocates for our customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to become essential to them by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations.
What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours.
- Experiences to become a great leader
- A world of opportunities to grow your career
- An inclusive culture to help you thrive
The Role & Responsibilities:
The Global Optimization & Call Management (GOCM) Team’s vision is to be “A World Class, Global, Short-Term Planning & Real-Time Management Team enabling Relationship Care® through Resource Optimization & Abandon Rate Consistency”. As a member of the GOCM team you will work with local leadership and team members as part of the Global Center of Excellence supporting the Global Service Network (GSN).
The GOCM Team is responsible for a variety of processes including short-term planning, local site Customer Care Professional scheduling & shrinkage planning, Real-Time Management and local site support services. The GOCM team receives long & short-term capacity plans, forecasts and schedules from the Workforce Planning/Centralized Call Management (CCM) team and it is the responsibility of the GOCM team to convert these long-term plans into weekly and daily operational plans in order to optimize resources and drive Abandon Rate Consistency across the network.
The GOCM (Global Optimization and Call Management) Analyst works as part of a team focused on executing the short-term planning & real-time management strategy for the center. The GOCM Analyst must demonstrate strong collaboration and partnership with multiple functional teams and planning communities across the globe.
Success in the role is measured by contribution to on target delivery of Operational Excellence metrics (e.g. Customer Handling Time), Forecast Accuracy, Voice of the Customer survey results, Schedule & Operational Effectiveness, Abandon Rate Consistency, Availability/Shrinkage Optimization and customer satisfaction targets.
- Partner with the Team & Operations Leaders to improve forecast accuracy, maintain eWFM data integrity and deliver flexibility initiatives
- Partner with local market teams to identify and prepare for marketing activity/plans and projects that influence call volume forecast and resource plans
- Partner with leaders to support the implementation of call routing strategies; monitor and report on impacts to the business such as occupancy, service level and call delivery purity (i.e. % calls to preferred agents).
- Review the prior day’s performance against forecast analyzing the issues and impact on Service Level and Abandon Rates
- Ensure real-time performance (Calls, Customer Handling Time (CHT) and Staffing) is analyzed on an interval basis throughout the day and recommendations to achieve departmental goals are provided
- Manage & monitor available ‘day’ resources (CCP Availability to handle calls) to ensure adequately deployed & multi-skilling effectively optimized
- Negotiate with Operations Leaders, Business Partners and CCPs regarding scheduling of activities in order to ensure the center is adequately staffed at all times to service customers
- Approve and schedule CCPs’ out of building exceptions including Paid Time Off (Vacation) and In Building Off-Phone activities (e.g. Coaching, Meetings, Training etc.)
- Participate in and/or chair routine operational meetings hosted by the GOCM Team with Operations Leaders and other Centers of Excellence in attendance in order to agree decisions and actions designed to drive operational goals
- Participate in the execution of the Abandon Rate Consistency Plans (including Business Continuity Plans)
- Ensure accurate, up-to-date data is maintained in Aspect (eWFM) regarding schedule exceptions as it relates to the intra-day performance and achieving Adherence to Schedule (ATS) targets
- Administer ongoing business reporting in order to ensure all information is accurate and provided in a timely manner: Including integrity of data in key MIS systems such as Compass, Opera etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve and automate reporting
- Assist with Call Centre Management initiatives (e.g. delivering workshops, training and ongoing organisational education).
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong PC skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs
- Ability to successfully balance high workload demands, quality and performance on a consistent basis
- Ability to make quick decisions about contact center dynamics and to take risks as necessary
- Ability to communicate and influence people at senior levels effectively and without conflict
- Gain trust, build relationships and influence GSN leadership teams to foster true partnership
- Understand and shape the key strategies of the business and translate these into day-to-day operational and production management activities
- Work with the business, marketing & project teams to ensure relevant information is obtained for new products and projects that impact call volume, CHT, Availability and staffing levels in order to put relevant plans in place
- Ability to work across geographic borders as part of a virtual team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- 12 -18 months experience using Workforce Management tools (preferably Aspect eWFM, Empower) with proficiency in scheduling, forecasting, shrinkage data, live IDPs, report exporting and manipulation
- Ability to explain the drivers of “net staffing”, their current tracking, calculating their forecasted trends
- Knowledge of how to influence the drivers of “net staffing” and which levers to pull and when in a real time environment
- ACD experience (preferably Avaya CMS) with proficiency in manual skill changes, agent reports, agent traces, live call flows
- Ability to explain key call center planning principles: The Power of One, Economies of Scale, Dynamics of abandoned calls, Laws of Diminishing Returns, Shrinkage factors, Call arrival patterns e.g. Day of week factors, bank holiday impacts and seasonality
- Understanding of the Contact Center Planning Cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred but not required)
- Ability to work under pressure; able to manage multiple tasks and changing demands with minimum supervision
- Strength in accuracy & attention to detail in a high output & speed environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills – demonstrating thought leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture shared ownership in process/project and business goals
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Dec 27, 2019, 3:53:07 AM