Position is responsible for assisting in the safety and protection of American Express employees, contractors, visitors and customers on company premises. Incumbent will be required to carry an authorized firearm and ammunition. During emergency situations, must be able to respond quickly and decisively in a professional manner while ensuring that all security/safety procedures are followed. Must remain alert of any irregularities, safety hazards, premise breaches or emergency situations and report per established procedures.
- Excellent communication skills to apprise Global Security leadership of the nature/details of any emergency and make effective "on the spot" recommendations for resolution
- Must be comfortable approaching suspicious person(s) to inquire about their business on the premises
- Strong inter-personal skills to handle emergency situations; ability to act/react in a professional manner no matter how stressful the situation
- Proficiency in firearms usage and safety protocols
- Some knowledge/familiarity with access control and alarm systems, CCTV and their functions
- Computer knowledge to prepare incident reports in security database
- Extensive experience in physical security, law enforcement or related field.
- Must be able to meet, and continue to meet any applicable state, county, city and local municipality licensing and permit requirements for a Security Officer and armed security work as well as specific protective device and weapons qualifications
- Good physical conditioning to be able to stand/walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays if needed for special events, weather-related emergencies, etc.
- Active HR 218 license strongly preferred
- Must possess the Guard Card/Armed Guard Card issued by the State of Utah Professional Licensing Agency (DOPL).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jan 7, 2020, 1:03:20 PM